Lisa Sparacino is a certified nurse educator with expertise in simulation, critical care, and physical assessment. She obtained her doctorate in Education from Capella University and her masters in nursing education from Molloy College. She serves as the simulation and technology expert for the Department of Nursing. She is published in the field of simulation and nursing education. Sparacino’s research interests are in simulation, role transition, and educational technology. She has several podium presentation in nursing education, patient safety, and simulation. She also has presented numerous posters on simulation in nursing education, quality and safety in nursing education, and role transition.
- Decreasing stress regarding infectious diseases in the elderly
- Stress management and the effect of an orientation program for beginning nursing students
- Simulation and safe medication administration
- Simulation and quality and safety in nursing education using the situation background assessment and response communication tool
- Sparacino, L. & Diggle-Fox, B (2017) Reducing Perceived Stress through an Orientation Program for Nursing Students Entering Their First Nursing Course. International Journal of Nursing.
- Sparacino, L., (2016). Faculty’s Role in Assisting New Graduate Nurses’ Adjustment to Practice. SAGE Open Nursing. doi: 10.1177/2377960816635182.
- Della Vecchia, E. & Sparacino, L. (2015). High Fidelity Simulator Experience for Enhancing Communication Effectiveness: Applications to Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. doi: 10.5430/jnep.v5n9p78.
- Sparacino, L., (2014). Dissertation. A Beginning Theory of Faculty’s Role in Assisting New Graduate Nurses’ Adjustment to Practice.
- Sparacino, L. & DellaVecchia, E. (February 2013). Using High Fidelity Simulation to Close the Teaching and Learning Gap. Online Journal of Nursing Informatics (OJNI). 17(1).
Honors + Awards
- Award for outstanding teaching 2014-2015 presented by Dean Chute School of Health Professions
Courses I Teach/Have Taught at NYIT
- NURS 102: Introduction to Nursing
- NURS 301: Nursing Therapeutics I
- NURS 310: Transcultural Nursing I
- NURS 351: Nursing Therapeutics II
- NURS 430: Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- NURS 451: Nursing Therapeutics IV
- NURS 461: Transcultural Nursing IV