Lynn Rogoff has been in the forefront of the confluence of art, technology, communications, and business with ground-breaking film, television, and multimedia content. Her work has been influential in introducing American history, social causes, and culture to several generations.
Rogoff founded the AMERIKIDS USA Company developing AMERIKIDS ® as a pilot TV series for ABC Network Television and venturing into a CD-ROM game series entitled "AMERIKIDS,” winning a prestigious challenge grant from Oracle Corporation to produce a prototype. Pony Express Rider was published and released by McGraw-Hill Home Interactive for Christmas 1996 to critical acclaim. Rogoff’s Pony Express Rider was the flagship product launching McGraw-Hill Home Interactive. This live-action, $1.5 million blue screen three-disk adventure was awarded a Crystal Award, a Bessie Award, National Parenting Center Seal of Approval, and a Family Channel Seal of Quality.
Rogoff oversaw the building of an interdisciplinary team with NYIT School of Management, resulting in Green Kids Media winning the People’s Choice Award at the New York State Business Competition in 2012. Amerikids USA has been awarded a prestigious package of hardware, software, and support from Open Source Virtual Reality in conjunction with NYIT’s HIVE.
Her film, No Maps on My Taps, aired nationally and internationally for a decade and was honored with two Emmy Awards. Rogoff won a nomination for outstanding writing achievement from the Writers Guild of America. She has worked as writer, producer, and director on Sesame Street, Big Blue Marble, and Watch Your Mouth in the U.S. and Rechov Sum Sum in Israel (Israeli Sesame Street).
Rogoff received her M.F.A. in directing from NYU School of the Arts.
- ISRC Grant (Institutional Support of Research and Creativity Grants)
- OSVR Award Package (Open Source Virtual Reality)
- Panel Member, “Explore the Basics of VR-AR-360 Content & Advertising,” Digital Hollywood Media Summit, NYC, March 2-3,2016. http://www.dhsessions3.com/Summit16Wed6.html
- Panel Member, “Immersive World of Kids and Games,” Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Las Vegas, NV, January 6-9, 2016.
- Panel Member, “Immersive World of Kids,” Digital Hollywood, Marina Del Rey, CA, October 19-22, 2015. http://www.dhsessions2.com/Wednesday15Fl17.html
- Panel Member, “Best Practices in STEM Entrepreneurship Education,” Institute for Virtual Enterprise CUNY Baruch College, NYC, June 8, 2015. http://www.ive.cuny.edu/2015seminar/ http://www.slideshare.net/amerikids/stem-entrepeneurship
- Presenter, “Educating our Children for the Future,” PechaKucha, Garrison, NY, August 20, 2014. http://www.pechakucha.org/cities/garrison/presentations/educating-our-children-for-the-future
Honors & Awards
- NYIT Presidential Engagement Award Winner, 2013
- Green Kids Media Faculty Team Leader, Winner People's Choice Award, 2012
Courses I Teach/Have Taught at NYIT
- Game Development and Digital Storytelling
- Technical Communications
- Writing for the Mass Media
- Public Speaking
- Social Media for Business