Patty K. Wongpakdee is a New York-based graphic artist and associate professor of graphic design at New York Institute of Technology. Prior to teaching, Patty was a Senior Designer/Art Director for Ernst & Young. In that capacity, she designed the artistic components for business proposals, brochures, and invitations for corporate functions. Her clients have included CBS, General Electric, IBM, SUNY University Hospital and MaxMara. She continues to create graphics for various clients and is truly proud to give back to a worthy organization by doing pro-bono graphic design work for the American Cancer Society.
Wongpakdee has received several awards, including Outstanding Design for a Corporate Publication in the 58th Annual Graphics Arts Exhibition, and she is a two-time recipient of the In-house Design Award from Graphic Design USA for her print designs for the American Cancer Society. Her art and design work is featured in various print and online publications. Wongpakdee is the author of Art Without Waste: 500 Upcycled & Earthfriendly Designs, Rockport Publishers. ISBN: 9781631590313. In addition to teaching, Wongpakdee is committed to her own artwork, which merges her graphic design sensibilities with traditional paint-like qualities.
Wongpakdee received her M.F.A. in Computer Graphics at Pratt Institute and her B.F.A at the School of Visual & Performing Arts, Syracuse University.
- Art Without Waste: 500 Upcycled & Earthfriendly Designs
Rockport Publishers. ISBN: 9781631590313.
- Journal of Arts and Humanities (a multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal for research on all aspects of arts and humanities), Vol.1, No.1, “Resurfacing Graphics.”
- Artist Portfolio Magazine, Anniversary Issue #6
- ATINER (Athens Institute for Education and Research) Book Series
Peer-reviewed paper, “Beyond Paper” published in the ATINER book series The Visual and Performing Arts: An International Anthology: Volume II.
Honors and Awards
- Graphic Design USA, June 2014, 2013
American Inhouse Design Award for American Cancer Society public service projects
- Best Paper Award, January 3, 2013
Journal of Arts and Humanity (JAH), Vol. 1, No. 1, August 2012
Honorary membership in the editorial board of JAH
- The Elements Arts Exhibition, A Juried International Exhibition, November 2011
Special Recognition Award.
Virtual Gallery: www. lightspacetime.com
- AGC 58th Annual Graphics Arts Juried Exhibition, April 12-13, 2000
Outstanding Design for a Corporate Publication
The Metropolitan Gallery, New York, NY
Courses Taught at New York Tech
- Graphic Design I, II & III
- Editorial Design
- Book Design
- Advertising Design
- Package Design
- Computer Graphics I & II
- Design Process
- Professional Critique