Elizabeth Simon, R.N., A.N.P.-B.C., Ph.D., is a professor of nursing. Prior to coming to New York Tech in 2018, she was a professor of nursing and dean of the School of Nursing at Nyack College. She also previously served as faculty and post-master’s nursing education coordinator at Hunter-Bellevue School Nursing at Hunter College and as a critical care nursing consultant for Corporate Nursing Services of NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation (NYCHHC).
Simon has more than 25 years of nursing education experience and more than 30 years of clinical experience. She is a board certified adult health nurse practitioner who has authored, reviewed, or edited books on critical care nursing; book chapters on transcultural issues; and a book on non-communicable diseases. She has published several articles in peer reviewed journals and periodicals and has presented at various national and international forums.
Simon’s academic degrees include B.Sc. (N.) from the College of Nursing, Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, Punjab University, India; M.S. in Critical Care Nursing from School of Nursing, Columbia University; Ed.M. in Nursing Education from Teachers College; M.S. in Adult Health Nurse Practitioner from Hunter College; and Ph.D. in higher education from Walden University. A specialist in nursing education, Simon was a Fulbright Scholar in India, where she taught critical care nursing during the 2015-16 academic year.
- “Cases of Clotting Unmasked,” accepted for publication in MEDSURG Nursing, July/Aug 2019
- Simon, Elizabeth B. “Reflections on Global Service Learning in India,” Jan.-Mar. 2018 issue of the Journal of Christian Nursing (Online Extra)
- Simon, Elizabeth B. “Leg Edema Assessment and Management,” (2014), MEDSURG Nursing, 23 (1), 44-53
- Simon, Elizabeth B., McGinniss, Shawn P., and Krauss, Beatrice J. “Predictor Variables for NCLEX-RN Readiness Exam Performance,” (2013), Nursing Education Perspectives, 34 (1), 18-24
- Simon, Elizabeth B. “The Evolution of a Nontraditional Nursing Curriculum in Switzerland,” Journal of Nursing Education (2010), 49 (10), 545-549
- Simon, Elizabeth and Augustus, Lois. “Comparative analysis of NLN NCLEX-RN readiness exam performance: BSN versus ADN,” (2009), Journal of Research in Nursing, 14 (5), 451-461
- Simon, Elizabeth B. “Christianity and nursing in India: a remarkable impact,” (2009), Journal of Christian Nursing, 26 (2), 88-94
- Simon, Elizabeth. “Systems theory in nursing education,” Nursing Journal of India (2009), 2 (C), 29-31
- Simon, Elizabeth. “Delegation Competencies,” (1998), Nurse Educator, 23 (6), 47
- Simon, Elizabeth. Critical Care Nursing Practice Guide: A Road Map for Students and New Graduates (2010)