As executive director for global engagement, Emily Rukobo oversees the English Language Institute, study abroad, and university partnerships at New York Institute of Technology. She has a B.S. degree in Psychology and Global Studies and an M.A.T. in Education with licensure in TESOL. She has held positions at RMC Research Corporation, Thirteen/WNET, and the United Nations Secretariat, as well as in schools across the Northeast, Spain, and Taiwan. She has spent the past decade in the field of education and the past five years focusing on building technology-infused educational programs.
In addition to overseeing NYIT’s global engagement efforts, Rukobo serves as co-chair of NYIT's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Task Force. In this role, Rukobo leads a team of faculty, students, and staff in evaluating the DEI landscape at NYIT, establishing projects and activities that promote DEI, and creating a roadmap for continued success in these areas.
Courses I Teach/Have Taught at NYIT
- ESLI-086: Intermediate Reading
- ESLI-088: Intermediate Speaking & Listening
- ESLI-098: Advanced Speaking and Listening
- ESLI-096: Characteristics of American Culture
- ESLI-595: Technical English
- ESLI-597: American Culture in Film
- ARTC-871: Thesis Paper and Exhibition