Birasnav Muthuraj received his Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India. His research interests are manufacturing strategy, total quality management, supply chain management, total productive maintenance, and knowledge management. He is also involving in the design of a transportation system that helps to route vehicles operated by third party logistics service provider. He teaches production and operations management, statistics, research methodology for business students, and management science courses. His articles have been appeared in the journals such as Journal of Business Research, Leadership & Organization Development Journal, and International Journal of Organizational Analysis. His works have been presented in international conferences such as Decision Sciences Institute, British Academy of Management, and Academy of International Business. He is currently an associate editor of Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management and reviews articles for international journals and conferences.
- Birasnav, M., Mittal, R. and Loughlin, S. (2015). “Linking Leadership Behaviors and Information Exchange to Improve Supply Chain Performance: A Conceptual Model”, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 205-217.
- Birasnav, M. (2014). “Knowledge Management and Organizational Performance in the Service Industry: The Role of Transformational Leadership”, Journal of Business Research, Vol. 67, No. 8, pp. 1622-1629.
- Birasnav, M. (2014). “The Relationships between Transformational Leadership Behaviors and Manufacturing Strategy”, International Journal of Organizational Analysis, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 205-223.
- Birasnav, M., Rangnekar, S. and Dalpati, A. (2011), “Transformational Leadership and Human Capital Benefits: The Role of Knowledge Management”, Leadership & Organization Development Journal, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 106-126.
- Birasnav, M. and Rangnekar, S. (2010), “Knowledge Management Structure and Human Capital Development in Indian Manufacturing Industries”, Business Process Management Journal, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 57-75.
Honors & Awards
- Received Global Faculty Summer Research and Creativity Grant in the year 2012 for the research work “An Empirical Study of the Role of Transformational Leadership on Implementing Manufacturing Strategy and Supply Chain Management Practices” from New York Institute of Technology, New York
- Won 2012 Emerald/EFMD MENA Management Research Fund Award for the research proposal “Transformational leadership and organizational performance under environmental uncertainty: The role of supply chain management practices”
- Received Global Faculty Summer Research and Creativity Grant in the year 2013 for the research work of Transformational Leadership, Network Position, and Absorptive Capacity During Uncertain Environment given by New York Institute of Technology, New York
- Received Institutional Support of Research and Creativity Grant in the year 2014 for the research work “Impact of Transformational and Transactional Leadership on the Buyer-Supplier Relationship in a Supply Chain: An Empirical Study” from New York Institute of Technology, New York
Courses I Teach/Have Taught at NYIT
- Production and Operations Management
- Management Science
- Statistical Sampling Theory