Birasnav Muthuraj received his Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India. His research interests are manufacturing strategy, total quality management, supply chain management, total productive maintenance, and knowledge management. He is also involving in the design of a transportation system that helps to route vehicles operated by third party logistics service provider.
He teaches production and operations management, statistics, research methodology for business students, and management science courses. His articles have been appeared in the journals such as Computers & Industrial Engineering, Journal of Business Research, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, and Business Process Management Journal. His works have been presented in international conferences such as DSI, POMS, British Academy of Management, and Academy of International Business.
- Scillitoe, J. & Birasnav M. (2021). "A Social Capital Perspective of Supporting the Development of Startups in India: The Importance of College Preparations and a National Culture of Creativity and Innovation." South Asian Journal of Business Studies. Forthcoming.
- Birasnav, M., Kalaivanan, S., Ramesh, A., and Tibrewala, R. (2020). "Routing vehicles through cross-docking facility for third party logistics service providers." International Journal of Operational Research, 38(2), 255-277.
- Birasnav, M., & Bienstock, J. (2019). "Supply chain integration, advanced manufacturing technology, and strategic leadership: An empirical study." Computers & Industrial Engineering, 130, 142-157.
- Birasnav, M., Mittal, R. and Dalpati, A. (2019). "Integrating Theories of Strategic Leadership, Social Exchange, and Structural Capital in the Context of Buyer-Supplier Relationship: An Empirical study." Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, 20(3), 219-236.
- Birasnav, M., Richa Chaudhary, and Scillitoe, J. (2019). "Integration of Social Capital and Organizational Learning Theories to Improve Operational Performance." Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, 20(2), 141-155.
Honors & Awards
- Co-Principal Investigator – Fulbright-Hays Program grant (2020) received for the academic work titled Academia and Society - Collaboration Across Borders: A Virtual Exchange Program given by US Department of State, U.S. Consulate General - São Paulo to Associação Cultural de Renovação Tecnológica Sorocabana, FACENS, Brazil.
- Principal Investigator – an external research grant (2020) received for the research work titled The Role of university in supporting student career success: A practical framework to Mallah Family Foundation Inc., NJ.
- Principal Investigator – an external research grant (2018) received for the research work titled Enhancing Environmental Performance in the American Hotel Industry: Role of Supply Chain Management and Total Quality Management given by Mallah Family Foundation Inc., NJ.
Courses Taught at New York Tech
- Production and Operations Management
- Management Science
- Statistical Sampling Theory
- Decision Support System