An epidemiologist and genetic counselor with a focus on oncology, Bhuma Krishnamachari, Ph.D., earned her doctorate in epidemiology from the University of Illinois and a master’s degree in genetic counseling from the University of Minnesota. In addition, she completed a Health Policy Fellowship at Ohio State University.
Recent Projects & Research
- Parkinson's Disease and Cancer
- Koutsouras G.W., Levine K., Duroseau N., Ciraco C., Chan V., Pergament K., Chan T., Mancini J.D., Leder A.N., Krishnamachari B. “Effects of depression and exercise on health-related quality of life in patients with Parkinson's disease. Chronic Illn. 2018 Sep 5:1742395318796166. doi: 10.1177/1742395318796166.
- Jenna Mancinelli, D.O., Christopher Douris D.P.T., Freya Tarapore D.P.T., Min-Kyung Jung Ph.D., Bhuma Krishnamachari Ph.D., Peter Douris P.T., D.P.T., Ed.D., Patricia Kooyman D.O. “Evaluation of Osteopathic Medical Students’ and Physicians’ Understanding of Inter-Professional Collaboration.” International Journal of Health Sciences. December 2017, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 53-64.
- Krishnamachari B., Rehman M., Cohn J.E., Chan V., Modi N., Leitner O., Tangney K., O’Connor A., Blazey W., Koehler S., Tegay D. “Video Education on Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer (HBOC) for Physicians: an Interventional Study.” J. Cancer Educ. 2017 June 1.
- Duroseau N., Pergament K., Abramson T., Chan V., Govindavari J.P., Ciraco C., Tegay D., Krishnamachari B. “Acceptance of Technology-Based Tools in a Sample of Parkinson's Patients.” Chronic Illn. 2017 Mar;13(1):3-13.
- Davide S., Santella A., Furnari W., Leuwaisee P., Cortell M., Krishnamachari B. “Dental Hygiene Patients’ Willingness to Participate in Rapid HIV Testing in Three New York City Dental Hygiene Clinics.” Accepted at the Journal of Dental Hygiene 5/30/2017.
- Govindavari J.P., Tegay D., McMahon D., Chan T., Chan V., Nath A., Rehman M., Modi N., Krishnamachari B. “Physician and medical student knowledge of hereditary cancer genetics in pediatrics.” Pediatr Dimensions: (2016). doi: 10.15761/PD.1000118
- Clinical Research