Bhuma Krishnamachari, Ph.D. is an epidemiologist and genetic counselor with a focus on infectious diseases and oncology. She earned her doctorate in epidemiology from the University of Illinois and a master’s degree in genetic counseling from the University of Minnesota. In addition, she completed a Health Policy Fellowship at Ohio State University.
Recent Projects & Research
- COVID-19 transmission and prevention
- Chinsky R, Morris A, Wolin D, Suh A, Hum, A, Blazey W, Harper B, Yao S, Krishnamachari B. Medical Student Perspectives on Their Role as Emerging Physicians During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Accepted at Medical Science educator, August 2021.
- Krishnamachari B, Morris A, Zastrow D, Dsida A, Harper B, Santella AJ. The role of mask mandates, stay at home orders and school closure in curbing the COVID-19 pandemic prior to vaccination. J Infect Control. 2021 Aug;49(8):1036-1042.
- Shermon S, Goldfinger M, Morris A, Harper B, Santella A, Leder A, Krishnamachari B. Effect of modifiable risk factors in Parkinson’s disease: A case-control study looking at common dietary factors, toxicants and anti-inflammatory medications. Accepted at Chronic Illness, June 2021.
- Davide S, Santella A, Furnari, W, Leuwaisee P, Cortell, M, Krishnamachari B. Dental Hygiene Patients' Willingness to Participate in Rapid HIV Testing in Three New York City Dental Hygiene Clinics. Journal of Dental Hygiene. 2017 Dec; 91: 41-48.
- Krishnamachari B, Il'yasova D, Scheurer M, Bondy M, Zhou R, Wrensch M and Davis F. A Pooled Multisite Analysis of the Effects of Atopic Medical Conditions in Glioma Risk in Different Ethnic Groups. Ann Epidemiol. 2015 Apr;25(4):270-4.
- Patel S, Lipka S, Shen H, Barnowsky A, Silpe J, Mosdale J, Pan Q, Fridlyand S, Bhavsar A, Abraham A, Viswanathan P, Mustacchia P, Krishnamachari B. The association of H. pylori and colorectal adenoma: does it exist in the US Hispanic population? J Gastrointest Oncol. 2014 Dec;5(6):463-8.
- Davis-Yadley AH, Lipka S, Shen H, Shah H, Swarup S, Barnowsky A, Silpe J, Mosdale J, Pan Q, Fridlyand S, Sreeharshan S, Abraham A, Viswanathan P, Krishnamachari B. Ethnic disparities in the risk of colorectal adenomas associated with aspirin and statin use: a retrospective multiethnic study. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2014 Apr; 5(2):112-8.
- Santella A, Krishnamachari B, Davide S, Cortell M, Furnari W, Watts B, Haden S. Dental hygienists' knowledge of HIV, attitudes towards people with HIV and willingness to conduct rapid HIV testing. Int J Dent Hyg. 2013 Nov;11(4):287-92.
Courses Taught at New York Tech
- Clinical Research