Bisrat Kinfemichael earned his Ph.D. in Economics from Southern Illinois University, and his M.A. and B.A. in Economics from Addis Ababa University. Prior to joining New York Tech, he taught various economics courses at Bradley University, Southern Illinois University, and Addis Ababa University. Kinfemichael’s non-academic experience includes working as a marketing researcher for Population Services International, a Washington, D.C.-based global health organization, as well as working for Coca-Cola Sabco, a multinational company.
- Kinfemichael, Bisrat and Peter Harris. 2022. "Inflation, COVID-19, and Internal Auditor Responsibility." Internal Auditing, July/August 2022, 1–6.
- Daniel Bocanegra Diaz, Bisrat Kinfemichael and Frank T. Lorne. 2020. "COVID-19 Positivity Rate as a measure of the potency of the virus in Humans' War against the virus." Journal of Business and Social Science Review, 1 (10), 35–43.
- Kinfemichael, Bisrat. 2019. "The rise of services and convergence in labor productivity among countries." Applied Economics Letters, 26 (21), 1749–1755.
- Kinfemichael, Bisrat and AKM Mahbub Morshed. 2019. "Unconditional Convergence of Labor Productivity in the Service Sector." Journal of Macroeconomics, 59, 217–229.
- Kinfemichael, Bisrat and AKM Mahbub Morshed. 2019. "Convergence of Labor Productivity Across the US States." Economic Modelling, 76, 270–280.
- Ke, Ping, J.K. Yun, and Bisrat Kinfemichael. 2018. "Cash Holding, Income Shifting and Tax." Journal of Business and Accounting, 11 (1), 41–57.
Honors and Awards
- Bernard Herald Co's Outstanding Faculty Contribution to Industry Engagement Award, 2020
- Distinguished School of Management Faculty Scholarship Award, New York Institute of Technology, 2019
Courses Taught at New York Tech
- ECON 101: Basic Economics
- ECON 202: Principles of Economics I
- ECON 204: Principles of Economics II
- ECON 601: Managerial Economics for Decision Making
- ECON 610: Macro Environment of Business
- ECON 620: Microeconomic Industry Analysis