Amy Bravo has worked in the field of higher education since 1997 in the areas of career services, experiential education, and civic engagement. Her specific areas of interest and expertise are in program development and assessment, partnering the academy with community businesses and non-profits, and student professional and civic development. While always positioned in student affairs, her work bridges academic and student affairs, and is enhanced by an ability to develop and support experiential partnerships among faculty, staff, students, and community organizations. She also has served as a career advisor, an experiential educator, Director of Experiential Education and Employer Outreach, Assistant Dean of Career Services, Coordinator for the American Democracy Project, program consultant, and non-profit board member.
- Co-creator of NYIT's Internship Certificate Program, Service-learning Program, Alternative Break Program, Community Service Centers and Consultants for the Public Good Program.
- NYIT 2030 Steering Committee and the Transform NYIT strategic plan implementation team.
- The Hidden Benefits of an Internship that Goes Bad – College Recruiter. November 3, 2016. https://www.collegerecruiter.com/blog/tag/amy-bravo-new-york-institute-of-technology/
- Students Think They're Ready For The Real World; Employers, Not So Much. http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2015/09/21/students-think-theyre-ready-for-the-real-world-employers-not-so-much/
- Private Sector Firms Generally Should Pay Interns at Least Minimum Wage, Lawyers Say - Monday, June 2, 2014 - from Daily Labor Report Bloomberg BNA
- “One School Fights Back Against Unpaid Internships,“ Melissa Korn. April 23, 2014 . The Wall Street Journal
Honors & Awards
- NYIT Staff Appreciation Award, Transformative Experiences for Students, March 2017
- NYIT Presidential Technology Award for Student Engagement by Professional Staff, August 2013
- Best Practices Award for Internship Certificate Program, Cooperative Education and Internship Association, 2013
- Alva C. Cooper Award, MNYCCPOA
Courses I Teach/Have Taught at NYIT
- Foundations of Inquiry
- Urban Service
- Senior Project - Interdisciplinary Studies