Admission Requirements: Communication Arts, M.A.
Thanks for your interest in the Communication Arts, M.A. degree.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.85 for full matriculation to the program.
- If you have an undergraduate GPA between 2.5 and 2.84, you may, at the discretion of the director, be given the opportunity to demonstrate your qualifications for full matriculation by achieving a graduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in your first four graduate degree courses. You may also be required to take the GRE, and submit your score on the verbal section.
- If you have an undergraduate GPA below 2.49, you are required to take the GRE and achieve a minimum score of 153 in the verbal section of the GRE.
- Basic media production competencies, as evidenced by undergraduate transcripts or hands-on professional experience.
- If you do not have basic skills, you will be required to take one or more three-credit prerequisite courses specifically structured to provide these proficiencies. The prerequisite credits may not be applied to the total number of graduate credits required for degree completion, but they will appear on official transcripts.
- International applicants whose first language is not English may be required to take select undergraduate coursework, which does not apply to the number of credits required for the degree, and includes offerings within the English program and/or the English Language Institute as well as COMM 600, Orientation to Graduate Studies.
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- Official GRE scores, if required. NYIT GRE Code: 2561
- International student requirements: English proficiency, I-20, and transcript evaluation
- Regular Admission: Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
The graduate degree must be completed within five years. Part-time students generally plan to complete their degree within a two- or three-year period and must maintain matriculation.
- If you have any questions about admissions or eligibility, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or 516.686.7520.
- If you have questions about the program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.