Located in the heart of downtown city center, near corporate head offices of finance, banking, mining, service sector, natural resources and IT companies reside, the NYIT-Vancouver campus features computer labs, student lounges, and a distance-learning center. Small classes lead to big opportunities for internships, practicums, and mentoring programs at leading commercial and financial institutions in the area.
Our on-campus community includes special-interest clubs, a student advisory board, and an honor society, and organizes a variety of social and recreational activities throughout the year. Right outside and all around is a spectacular coastal city, rich in diversity, alive with the arts and culture, and stunning in its natural beauty.
New York Institute of Technology is accredited by The Middle States Commission on Higher Education in the United States.
The School of Management is accredited by AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), a global accreditation that includes all of NYIT's business programs around the world, including Vancouver.
NYIT is also listed on the website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) as a participant in the off-campus work permit program and is listed on the website of the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials.
The NYIT-Vancouver campus is within walking distance of many of Vancouver's iconic landmarks. There are also numerous dining, shopping, and cultural venues within walking distance, including:
- Granville Island, where you can buy locally made food and goods.
- World-famous Stanley Park, where you can walk or bike year round.
- Chinatown, where you can eat some of the tastiest and least-expensive food in town.
- Vancouver Art Gallery, where you can check out the artwork from around the world.
- English Bay, where you can sunbathe and view the Pacific Ocean.
- Sports centres such as BC Place Stadium and Rogers Center, where you can watch professional hockey or football games.
- Gastown and Robson Street, where you can hang out and shop for trendy fashions.
Students will be billed in USD. When making a payment student should reference their NYIT E-bill.
Tuition at NYIT-Vancouver is $784.62 USD per credit ($1,020 CAD) per credit. A tuition deposit of $8,065 CAD will be applied towards your first-semester tuition.
The following are the estimated tuition costs for the entire program:
- Energy Management, M.S. = $32,130 CAD*
(Non-waivable core 10 required courses + 1 Technical Communications)
- Information, Network, and Computer Security, M.S. = $32,130 CAD*
(Non-waivable core 8 required courses + 1 Elective + 1 Project + 1 Technical Communications)
- Instructional Technology, M.S. = $35,190 CAD
(Non-waivable core 11 required courses + 1 Technical Communications)
- Master of Business Administration, M.B.A.
- For students requiring 31.5 credits = $32,130 CAD
(Non-waivable core 21 credits + Elective 9 credits + Technical Communications 1.5 credits)
- For students requiring 49.5 credits = $50,490 CAD
(Non-waivable core 21 credits + Electives 9 credits + Waivable core 18 credits + Technical Communications 1.5 credits)
- For students pursuing MBA with concentrations (Finance) = $47,430 CAD
Students are required to take an additional 15 credits in the area of their concentration, so their tuition fee is higher.
- NOTE: NYIT Admissions Department will determine as to how many credits the student must take to complete the M.B.A.
- For students requiring 31.5 credits = $32,130 CAD
*Amount does not include other college fees or the tuition fee for any pre-requisite or bridge courses that may be required. Such courses, if required, will be taken from one of NYIT';s partner institutions in Vancouver, and tuition fees for those courses will be paid to that partner institution.
- Application fee (non-refundable) = $50 USD
- College Fee (full-time students) = $165.38 USD ($215 CAD)
- College Fee (part-time students) = $57.69 USD ($75 CAD)
- Tuition per credit = $784.62 USD per credit ($1,020 CAD)
- Tuition Deposit (applied to first semester only; non-refundable) = $8,065 CAD
- First Semester Medical Insurance Fee = $153.85 ($200 CAD)
- Transcript of Record = $10 USD
- Maintaining Matriculation (per semester) = $80 USD
- Late Registration (registration after first day of classes for continuing students) = $390 USD
- Late Fee (tuition payment received after payment due dates for all students) = $370 USD
- Service Charge (for unpaid check or credit card return) = $95 USD
- Visa Denial Processing Fee = $153.85 ($200 CAD)
Canadian students and Canadian permanent residents are eligible for financial aid in British Columbia.
International Student Payments
We offer a number of ways for our international students to pay for NYIT tuition, fees, and housing. We encourage you to consider Flywire or TransferMate as a cost effective and expedited way to make your payments to include international credit cards in your home currency.
NYIT has partnered with Flywire to provide our international students with an easy and secure method to send international payments in your home currency or by using an international credit card. Payment can be made directly through NYITConnect or via Flywire where you can learn more and make your payment.
Flywire allows you to:
- Pay from almost any country and any bank
- Avoid unexpected bank fees and ensure the best exchange rate with Flywire's Best Price Guarantee
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Access dedicated multilingual customer support
Commonly asked Flywire questions:
NYIT has partnered with TransferMate (formerly Pay to Study) to make your international payments easy, convenient, secure, and less expensive. For an alternative to bank wire transfers that gives better currency exchange rates than those offered by banks or credit cards, visit TransferMate to learn more. When ready to make your payments, go to nyit.paytostudy.com.