Bursar: Paying Your Bills
The Office of the Bursar keeps track of your student account, including tuition and other fees; processes refunds; and generally oversees the financial details of your college experience. We also provide payment options, including a tuition payment plan, information about international student payments, advice, and other services to make managing your college expenses as easy as possible for you and your family.
About Your Bill
NYIT uses electronic billing statements for all student accounts who have a balance due. Due to the advantages of e-billing, we no longer print, mail, or provide paper copies of tuition bills. You’re welcome, though, to download and print a hard copy of your e-bill from a personal computer.
Accessing Your e-bills is Easy
- Get notified: You will get an email to your official NYIT email address when a new bill is available.
- View your e-bill: Sign in to your NYITConnect student account and select the My Account button.
- To allow your parents or some other designee to access and view your e-bill: Sign in to your NYITConnect account and choose Select Parent PIN. Once you’ve granted them access, they’ll be able to view your e-bills, make payments, and view your balance as they become available.
- Check your account: You can verify payments posted to your account in real time by logging into NYITConnect. You won’t see the same payments immediately on your e-bill because it is a monthly statement; they will appear in the next billing cycle.
Payment Due Dates & Late Fees
100% of Tuition, Fees, and Housing (if applicable) is due:
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester, including Intersession: January 1
- Summer: May 1
- College of Osteopathic Medicine: View Dates
Registering After Payment Due Date: If you register for classes after the applicable due date, your entire tuition balance minus approved anticipated financial aid for that semester is due immediately. If not paid in full, a late fee ($340) will be charged.
Late Payment Fee: A nonrefundable fee of $340 is applied to any account not paid in full by the applicable semester due date.
Late Registration Fee: A nonrefundable fee of $360 is applied to continuing students who register after the first day of the fall or spring semester.
View hours and locations for the Office of the Bursar.
Harry Schure Hall, first floor
16 W. 61st St.,first floor
Acceptable forms of payment:
- Credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa)
- Cash (ID required for all cash transactions)
- Check (processed as an Automatic Clearing House payment; funds will be electronically deducted from your account)
- Money order/travelers checks
- Bank wire
Log in to your student account at NYITConnect. You may pay by credit card, eCheck/ACH, Western Union, or Pay To Study.
Fax a Credit Card Authorization Form to the Office of the Bursar: 516.686.7833.
Include NYIT student ID number and send payment to:
NYIT Office of the Bursar
P.O. Box 392
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000
Tuition Refund Insurance
NYIT's Tuition Refund Plan offered by A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. is an elective insurance plan that provides 75% or 100% coverage of the insured term’s tuition, fees, housing costs, and meal plans (if applicable) if you need to withdraw from classes and leave school due to medical or mental health reasons. All students registered for classes in the fall and spring terms are automatically enrolled in the plan. To opt out, email firstname.lastname@example.org from your NYIT issued email account no later than midnight the day before the semester begins. For more information, call 516.686.7510.
On-Campus Marketing of Credit Cards to Students
New York Institute of Technology prohibits the advertising, marketing, or merchandising of credit cards to students on campus.
Manhattan 16 W. 61st St., first floor 212.261.1620
Old Westbury Harry Schure Hall, first floor 516.686.7510
Mailing Address Office of the Bursar P.O. Box 392 Old Westbury, N.Y. 11568