Getting a Refund
If NYIT owes you money from overpayment on a bill, you have the option of receiving direct deposit to an existing checking or savings account (United States bank only), a refund check, or a debit card.
- Download, print, and fill out a Refund Request Form (PDF).
- Return the form by mail, email, fax, or in person to the Office of the Bursar in Old Westbury or Manhattan
- Choose the refund disbursement method you wish, or learn more about BankMobile refund services.
From Federal Student Aid
If the total amount of Federal Student Aid—such as Pell Grant, SEOG, Direct Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized), Graduate PLUS, PLUS (parents), and Perkins loans—credited to your student account is greater than your bill, a refund will be automatically generated within 14 days in compliance with federal regulations. You may use those funds to pay for certain non-institutional expenses, such as tuition refund insurance.
- Download, print, and complete the Federal Funds Authorization Form (PDF). You can also log in to the MyNYIT Portal, go to NYITConnect, and the Grant Permissions tab to complete this.
- Return it by mail, fax, or in person to the Office of the Bursar.
Note: If a credit balance is due to a Parent PLUS Loan, it will be refunded to the parent borrower.