Certificates of Completion
Our Professional Enrichment Program presents you with a Certificate of Completion when you complete at least four seminars or workshops within a specific track. This signifies that you’ve distinguished yourself in specific business concentrations, further demonstrating your professional value to employers.
- Current Issues in Human Resources: Whether you’re a student or an experienced professional, stay up to date on practices and issues in HR management, employee and labor relations, and helps prepare you for professional SHRM certification.
- Developing Information Literacy Skills: Learn how to process and decipher information quickly and accurately across multiple sources. You'll also understand the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information, and determine how to best incorporate it into business strategies.
- Emerging Issues in Entrepreneurship: Develop insight on strategies to launch your own startup or run a business.
- Emerging Issues in Marketing and Professional Selling: Explore the principles of advertising, marketing, consumer behavior, and related topics.
- Emerging Issues in Risk Management and Financial Databases: Delve into how the Federal Reserve operates, become proficient with the Bloomberg terminal, learn about the intricacies of the commodities and trading markets, and gain additional skills that position you for a career in risk management and financial services.
- Global Negotiations Skills for the Businessperson: Cultural Considerations: Learn the basic skills needed to successfully negotiate multi-national and multi-cultural business deals. We will focus on “real world” practical ways to help you become a more effective negotiator. You’ll gain a better understanding of the dynamics of international business negotiation in our multicultural world, with particular emphasis on the contrasting cultural nuances of negotiating in Asia, the Middle East, and North America. Sponsored by the Adjunct Faculty Council
- I-Brand Market Yourself: Harness the latest digital technologies to market your skills and talents in today’s highly competitive global marketplace.
- Reality 101: You’ve got your NYIT degree, now what? Prepare for life after college as you understand taxes, mortgages, retirement plans, and other financial information every working adult needs to know.
- Wildfire Topix: Debating provocative topics can be a powerful and memorable tool for promoting learning, critical thinking, and informed citizenship. Our goals in presenting these topics include: connecting the controversial topic with course material, including fundamental concepts and strategies for analysis and thoughtful reflection; promoting critical thinking by helping students to understand the complexity of the issues; enhancing skills for dialogue that students can take into other venues; and relating classroom discussion to the roles that students have as citizens within the university community and larger society.
- Workplace Skills Development: Learn the skills every successful executive needs, including interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, time and stress management, business etiquette, and the importance of emotional intelligence in the workplace.
Deborah Y. Cohn