Support Our Programs
VIP was created to improve the lives of young adults with disabilities. The generosity of families, friends, local corporations, and foundations has had a profound impact on our program and our ability to make dreams of independence a reality. If you are interested in making a gift to support the VIP program, please contact NYIT's Office of Development at 516.686.7644.
Gifts to the VIP program enable us to:
- meet the increasing demands for scholarship support.
- support program enhancements, such as iPads and other technology used in the classrooms.
- improve campus facilities.
- upgrade technology.
- support new program initiatives.
- provide additional training for faculty.
You can direct your gift to:
VIP Annual Fund
The Annual Fund raises unrestricted dollars to support areas such as scholarship, faculty development, building maintenance, and academic programs, among others.
Benjamin J. Cecil Scholarship Fund
The VIP Benjamin J. Cecil Scholarship Fund provides scholarship monies for students who could not otherwise attend VIP.
These gifts are raised for special projects, such as major renovations of a building or the purchase of specific equipment.
Named or Endowed Scholarships
Donors to a named scholarship play a critical role in providing much needed financial assistance for students for a period of time or for a life time.
Donations from corporate sponsors to support special events such as the Benjamin J. Cecil Walk for Independence and the annual Alumni Dinner Dance are always welcome and help defray the expenses of such events.
Including NYIT VIP in your estate plans may provide valuable tax benefits to you and your family. Such gifts can be made through wills, retirement plans, and charitable remainder trusts to name a few.
To make a donation:
- Visit the Donate Now page
- Indicate the amount of your donation
- Using the drop-down menu for Designation, select “Vocational Independence Program”
- Complete the remaining billing information