Admission Requirements: Management, M.B.A.
You must possess the following credentials in order to be considered* for the Management, M.B.A. program at NYIT-Vancouver:
- Four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Demonstrated English proficiency**
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS), preferred. Minimum score of 6.0 overall.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum score: 79 on the Internet-based test.
*Minimum requirements. The M.B.A. program has a limited number of seats and only the best applicants will be admitted to the program.
**This is not required if you have completed your bachelor’s degree from an English speaking country such as Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand. NYIT-Vancouver reserves the right to test new students for their English proficiency upon arrival on campus.
The M.B.A. program consists of waivable and non-waivable courses:
- Students who have completed an undergraduate degree in the past five years may apply to waive up to 18 credits of waivable courses. In order to waive a course, you must demonstrate that you have successfully completed an equivalent course at an accredited four-year institution prior to enrolling at NYIT. If a course is not waived, it must be completed as part of NYIT's Finance, M.B.A. program.
- Up to nine transfer credits from an accredited graduate program may be granted to students for elective courses with a grade of B or equivalent.
All NYIT-Vancouver applications are done online and require a non-refundable $50 USD application fee. In addition, you will also be asked to upload the following documents:
- Completed NYIT Online Application
- Bachelor's Degree completion certificate
- Semester-by-semester transcripts for all four years of your Bachelor's Degree
- Any transcripts or certificates received beyond your Bachelor’s degree program
- Proof of English proficiency
- 1-2 page resume or C.V. (recommended)
- GMAT score if your overall GPA is less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Statement of Purpose
- A copy of your passport
- Two letters of recommendation from professors who are familiar with your undergraduate work (recommended)
- Spring (January) 2020: Closed
- Summer (May) 2020: Closed
- Fall (September) 2020: June 1, 2020
NOTE: Programs will close as soon as they are filled. Enrollment may therefore close earlier than deadline dates.
701 W. Georgia St., Suite 1700
BC V7Y 1K8, Canada