Admission Requirements: Energy Management, M.S.
Please note: Effective Fall '22 term, New York Tech – Vancouver will be changing the name of Master of Science in Energy Management program (M.S. – EM) to Master of Energy Management (MEM). Admission requirements and program curriculum will remain the same.
You must possess the following credentials in order to be considered* for the Energy Management, M.S. program at New York Tech Vancouver:
- A four (4)-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) in science, applied science or engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.85 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Demonstrated English proficiency**
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS), preferred. Minimum score of 6.5 overall.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum score: 88 on the Internet-based test.
*Minimum requirements. The Energy Management, M.S. program has a limited number of seats and only the best applicants will be admitted to the program.
**This is not required if you have completed your bachelor's degree from an English speaking country such as Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand. New York Tech Vancouver reserves the right to test new students for their English proficiency upon arrival on campus.
All New York Tech Vancouver applications are done online and require a non-refundable $50 USD application fee. In addition, you will also be asked to upload the following documents:
- Completed New York Tech Online Application
- Bachelor's Degree completion certificate
- Semester-by-semester transcripts for all four years of your Bachelor's Degree
- Any transcripts or certificates received beyond your Bachelor’s degree program
- Proof of English proficiency
- Copy of official GRE score. Only required for some applicants
- Statement of Purpose (required)
- A copy of your passport
- Two letters of recommendation from professors who are familiar with your undergraduate work (recommended)
- Spring 2022: Closed
- Summer 2022: Program is FULL and will not be opening for applications.
- Fall 2022: Open
*Dates are subject to change. Programs will close as soon as they are filled. Applications may be deferred by the admissions office to the next available term when programs are full.
701 W. Georgia St., Suite 1700
BC V7Y 1K8, Canada