Build on a background in engineering or computer science to take a leading role in protecting computer networks. The U.S. government has named New York Tech as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education, and the New York-based Network and Information Security laboratory is now available to NYIT-Vancouver students.
A DEGREE THAT WORKS FOR YOU
- Flexible scheduling allows you to earn your degree at your pace.
- Demand for cybersecurity professionals is forecast to exceed supply.
- Earn the only master’s degree in cybersecurity offered in British Columbia.
- Work with professors who specialize in areas like biometrics, cryptography, behavioral authentication, intrusion detection, swarm intelligence, and mobile cybersecurity.
THE NYIT-VANCOUVER ADVANTAGE
- Connecting You to New York and the World
Complete your graduate degree in Vancouver or, if you wish, start here and continue at a New York Institute of Technology campus in New York City or Abu Dhabi, learning new cultures and expanding your professional network.
- The Best of Both Worlds
Our master’s programs are accredited in the United States and have the written consent of British Columbia’s Ministry of Advanced Education, allowing you to pursue career opportunities elsewhere in Canada or globally.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or a related field, awarded by an accredited institution of higher education, with a GPA of at least 2.85 on a 4.0 scale.
- Proof of English proficiency if you have not completed your bachelor’s degree from an accredited North American institution. Minimum scores are 6.5 (IELTS) or 88 (TOEFL IBT).
- Applicants who do not satisfy all the above criteria may be admitted at the dean’s discretion, and a GRE score may be required.
- Summer 2021: Closed
- Fall 2021: Closed
- Spring 2022: Open
*Programs will close as soon as they are filled. Application deadlines may be moved forward without further notice.
For more information, please complete the form below: