Admission Requirements: Cybersecurity, M.S.
You must possess the following credentials in order to be considered* for the Cybersecurity, M.S. program at NYIT-Vancouver:
- Four-year bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.85 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Minimum GRE score of 300 (if required)
- Demonstrated English proficiency**
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS), preferred. Minimum score of 6.5 overall.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum score: 88 on the Internet-based test.
*Minimum requirements. The Cybersecurity, M.S. program has a limited number of seats and only the best applicants will be admitted to the program.
**This is not required if you have completed your bachelor’s degree from an English speaking country such as Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand. NYIT-Vancouver reserves the right to test new students for their English proficiency upon arrival on campus.
All NYIT-Vancouver applications are done online and require a non-refundable $50 USD application fee. In addition, you will also be asked to upload the following documents:
- Completed NYIT Online Application
- Bachelor's Degree completion certificate
- Semester-by-semester transcripts for all four years of your Bachelor's Degree
- Any transcripts or certificates received beyond your Bachelor’s degree program
- Proof of English proficiency
- Copy of GRE score (only required for some applicants)
- Statement of Purpose
- A copy of your passport
- Two letters of recommendation from professors who are familiar with your undergraduate work (recommended)
- Fall (September) 2020: Closed
- Spring 2021: Closed
- Summer 2021: Application portal for all programs will open shortly
NOTE: Programs will close as soon as they are filled. Enrollment may therefore close earlier than deadline dates.
701 W. Georgia St., Suite 1700
BC V7Y 1K8, Canada