Be in the know about jobs and internships in Vancouver with CareerShift.
Find a job, research companies, explore the job market, and find contacts fast. Job hunting has never been so easy. With CareerShift, you'll conduct job hunting tasks and store all of your information. It's confidential, under your complete control.
- Navigate the hidden job market and manage your job search all in one tool.
- Create personal marketing campaigns with unlimited resumes and cover letters.
- Manage your confidential CareerShift account securely from any computer 24/7.
Simply sign up and you'll receive all the features and benefits provided full-paying members. CareerShift is provided to NYIT students and alumni by NYIT Career Services.
Planning for an important interview takes practice. Use this platform to confidently answer questions and practice strategies to help ace the interview. Then meet with a career advisor to review your results and put the finishing touches on your prep for the big day. Schedule a mock interview follow up with an advisor on Handshake.
What Can I Do With This Major?
Discover career areas and types of employers that hire people within each major. Whether you're exploring majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this website will help you connect majors to careers. Learn about typical career areas and types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate.
Riipen is an online marketplace that connects students with companies to work on real-life projects and earn course credit.
How do Students Benefit from Riipen?
Build and Nurture your Professional Network - Engage with large multinationals, local businesses, non-profits, governments, etc. in the Riipen marketplace and open yourself up to the possibilities of collaborating with companies outside of your network.
Gain Valuable Experience - Gain experience navigating a real workplace by working with actual employers on real-world projects embedded in your courses or provided as remote internships. These experiences will help you gain career clarity and find a job you love.
Build and Develop Employable Skills - Employers are looking for employees with technical knowledge, professional skills and soft skills, like communication and problem-solving. Learn and practice these skills that top employers value and look for to help you stand out.
Create and Build your Virtual Riipen Portfolio - Complete projects and receive valuable feedback from real companies on the skills and knowledge you demonstrated while completing your projects on Riipen. Easily link to your Riipen portfolio on job applications and LinkedIn to showcase your quality of work to future employers.
For more information please visit https://app.riipen.com/vnyit
Traitify is a personality and career assessment tool that gives you deep insight on your core values and character. It's fast, accurate, fun, and easy to take. On top of that, Traitify gives you:
- A breakdown of how you stack up against Traitify's seven core types of personality.
- Information about the kinds of people and work environments that help you thrive.
- A list of possible strengths and weaknesses.
- Personalized recommendations for careers aligned specifically with what makes you unique.
- Essential details about each career recommendation - what level of education and degree you need, what to expect in terms of salary, potential job growth, and more.
To use Traitify:
- Sign in using your nyit.edu email address.
- Answer a few questions (this takes only a few minutes).
- Use desktop or mobile platforms.
- When you’re done, contact Career Services to discuss your results.
Career Data and Job Search Tools
Tips and AdviceThe NYIT Career Guide offers advice and strategies for a variety of professional development tools, including:
If you have any further questions or need any assistance, please contact Vancouver Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.