How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in New York Institute of Technology. As a global university, we offer the same career-oriented, technology-driven approach to education at our various other campuses.
NYIT-Vancouver offers graduate programs. If you're ready to earn a master's degree in one of four career-oriented programs, review the requirements below and start your application now.
Step 1: Review Admission Requirements for NYIT-Vancouver
- Energy Management, M.S.
- Finance, M.B.A.
- Cybersecurity, M.S.
- Instructional Technology, Educators, M.S.
- Management, M.B.A.
Step 2: Complete an Application
Complete the NYIT Online Application. There is a USD $50 nonrefundable application fee.
Step 3: Submit Required Application Materials
- Bachelor's Degree completion certificate
- Semester-by-semester transcripts for all four years of your Bachelor's Degree
- Any transcripts or certificates received beyond your Bachelor’s degree program
- Proof of English proficiency (for international students)
- 1-2 page resume or C.V. (recommended for M.B.A.)
- GMAT score if your overall GPA is less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (M.B.A.)
- Copy of official GRE score (M.S., Cybersecurity; M.S.-EM—only required for some applicants)
- Statement of Purpose (recommended; required for M.S.-EM)
- A copy of your passport
- Two letters of recommendation from professors who are familiar with your undergraduate work (recommended)
Step 4: Check Your Application Status
Throughout the admission process, you can check on the status of your application. We will communicate with you through the portal and via email regarding any missing documents required for your application. We are not able to review your application for admission until all required documents are received. Once you have uploaded all documents, please contact our admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall (September) 2020: For Instructional Technology (open)
- Spring 2021: Application portal for all programs will open shortly
- Summer 2021: Application portal for all programs will open shortly
*Programs will close as soon as they are filled. Application deadlines may be moved forward without further notice.
Please be aware that due to our growing list of applicants, only those with the most competitive applications will be admitted.
International students are required to pay a tuition deposit before the issuance of an official letter of acceptance to a NYIT-Vancouver graduate program. The deposit is refundable only if official proof of a Canadian Study Permit rejection is submitted. Click here to see the tuition breakdown and deposit about for Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer 2021.
Student Health Care – International Students Only
For the first semester (4 months) we have implemented a mandatory travel insurance program that costs USD $153.85 for all new international students studying at NYIT-Vancouver Campus. This will ensure that every student has health coverage during their travels to Canada, and until the provincial health coverage (MSP) begins.
International students must maintain their full-time status by taking the minimum required credit hours per semester and per year. M.B.A. students must take a minimum of 7.5 credits during Fall and Spring semesters, and 6 credits in the Summer (21 credits per year); M.S., Cybersecurity, M.S.-E.M., and M.S.-I.T. students must take 7.5 credits in the first semester and 6 credits in the remaining semesters (19.5 credits per year).
Off-Campus and Post-Graduation Work Permits
International students at NYIT-Vancouver are eligible for off-campus and post-graduation work permits.
Canadian Study Permits
Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents must obtain a study permit from the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Receiving a study permit may take several weeks to months, so we encourage you to apply well in advance. For more information: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
701 W. Georgia St., Suite 1700
BC V7Y 1K8, Canada