How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in New York Institute of Technology. As a global university, we offer the same career-oriented, technology-driven approach to education at our various other campuses.
NYIT-Vancouver offers graduate programs. If you're ready to earn a master's degree in one of four career-oriented programs, review the requirements below and start your application now.
Step 1: Review Admission Requirements for NYIT-Vancouver
- Cybersecurity, M.S.
- Energy Management, M.S.
- Instructional Technology, Educators, M.S.
- Master of Business Administration, M.B.A.
- Master of Business Administration, M.B.A. – Finance
Step 2: Complete an Application
Complete the NYIT Online Application. There is a USD $50 nonrefundable application fee.
Step 3: Submit Required Application Materials
- Bachelor's Degree completion certificate
- Semester-by-semester transcripts for all four years of your Bachelor's Degree
- Any transcripts or certificates received beyond your Bachelor’s degree program
- Proof of English proficiency (for international students)
- 1-2 page resume or C.V. (recommended for M.B.A.)
- GMAT score if your overall GPA is less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (M.B.A.)
- Copy of official GRE score (M.S., Cybersecurity; M.S.-EM—only required for some applicants)
- Statement of Purpose (recommended; required for M.S.-EM)
- A copy of your passport
- Two letters of recommendation from professors who are familiar with your undergraduate work (recommended)
Step 4: Check Your Application Status
Throughout the admission process, you can check on the status of your application. We will communicate with you through the portal and via email regarding any missing documents required for your application. We are not able to review your application for admission until all required documents are received. Once you have uploaded all documents, please contact our admissions office at email@example.com.
- Summer 2021: Open for M.B.A. and Instructional Technology. Closed for Cybersecurity and Energy Management.
- Fall 2021: Open for M.B.A. and Instructional Technology. Closed for Cybersecurity and Energy Management.
- Spring 2022: To open sometime late Spring 21
*Programs will close as soon as they are filled. Application deadlines may be moved forward without further notice.
Please be aware that due to our growing list of applicants, only those with the most competitive applications will be admitted.
International students are required to pay a tuition deposit before the issuance of an official letter of acceptance to a NYIT-Vancouver graduate program. The deposit is refundable only if official proof of a Canadian Study Permit rejection is submitted. Click here to see the tuition breakdown and deposit about for Spring 2021, Summer 2021, and Fall 2021.
Student Healthcare – International Students Only
For the first semester (4 months) we have implemented a mandatory travel insurance program that costs USD $153.85 for all new international students studying at NYIT-Vancouver Campus. This will ensure that every student has health coverage during their travels to Canada, and until the provincial health coverage (MSP) begins.
FULL-TIME STATUS- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
If you are an international student, you are required to maintain your full-time student status by taking the minimum required credit hours of courses over the first three terms of your program. In the second year of your program, you will take the remaining credit hours. Generally full-time status in your second year, is 6 credit hours per term (7.5 credit hours for MBA). If you have concerns regarding full-time status, please discuss with your department Dean. In addition, Technical Communications (0 credit) must be taken in the first term for all programs.
- M.B.A. students must take 19.5 credit hours in first 3 terms of the program;
- M.S., Cybersecurity, M.S.-E.M., and M.S.-I.T. students must take a minimum of 18 credit hours during the first 3 terms of the program.
Important Information Regarding Phase 2 Student Visa rejection
This information is intended for Fall 2020 new students who have received phase 1 visa approval (Approval-in-Principle) and have registered for courses AS WELL AS those who have not yet received phase 1 visa approval but wish to register for courses if they receive this visa by September 18th.
If your student visa application has been rejected during the phase 2 Visa approval process, please see the available options below:
- You may request to have your application deferred to the Spring 2021 term
- You may re-apply for a student visa. All courses completed at New York Institute of Technology with a phase 1 visa approval will count towards the completion of your degree program.
- You may transfer your credits to other institutions that will accept them.
Students whose phase 2 (final visa) has been denied may request a Certificate of Completion issued by New York Institute of Technology Vancouver acknowledging their completion of any courses.
During your first term at New York Institute of Technology, you will be required to take Technical Communications (ESLI – 593) if English is not your first language. Technical Communications is a zero-credit course that is not part of your degree program but is required to ensure all students have sufficient English skills to be successful in their program and employment. The course is intended to improve students’ professional writing skills such as formatting and using proper citations in written papers. There is a fee for taking this course.
Off-Campus and Post-Graduation Work Permits
International students at NYIT-Vancouver are eligible for off-campus and post-graduation work permits.
Canadian Study Permits
Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents must obtain a study permit from the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Receiving a study permit may take several weeks to months, so we encourage you to apply well in advance. For more information: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
701 W. Georgia St., Suite 1700
BC V7Y 1K8, Canada