Out of an abundance of caution, all New York Tech-led study abroad through August 31, 2020 has been canceled. Students who are traveling abroad with outside providers before August 31, 2020 are encouraged to cancel their trips.
All the World's a Classroom
Study abroad and share learning experiences with classmates from around the world. Gain global perspectives that will impress employers, polish your foreign language skills, and foster lifelong friendships. Go for a semester, a summer, or during winter break. Scholarships are available!
Study at Another New York Institute of Technology Campus
See how some of New York Tech's Global Fellowship recipients used their awards to experience new cultures.
New York Tech's Global Exchange program allows you to study at any of the following New York Tech campuses:
New York Tech academic programs are the same at all campuses where they are offered. With proper planning, you can keep progressing along your degree track and earn credits as you would at your home campus, with the option of taking electives connected to your new location.
Semester-Long Exchange Programs
New York Tech's exchange programs include universities in Copenhagen, Denmark; Rotterdam, Netherlands; Mexico City, Mexico; and Beijing, China. These partner institutions provide expanded educational options in areas such as communication arts (including TV, film, and journalism), computer sciences, and management. These study abroad programs do not require foreign language proficiency.
- ITU – Copenhagen offers a selection of courses particularly appealing to communication arts, fine arts, and computer science students.
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences has course offerings for management students.
- Communication University of China (CUC) offers 82 undergraduate programs and 110 master's programs in a range of communication arts disciplines.
- ITAM – Mexico City, Mexico: Offers a wide variety of academic programs to undergraduate students in the heart of Mexico City. Programs offered during the spring, summer, and fall semesters.
If you need more information or would like to apply to any of these programs, please email Global Academic Programs at email@example.com.
Other Study Abroad Opportunities
Don't see a program or country in which you'd like to study? We can help you find it? With a little extra planning, you may be able to study abroad just about anywhere you want. In the past, New York Tech students have studied in the Czech Republic, Japan, South Korea, and Semester at Sea (multiple countries), to name just a few. Global Academic Programs can help you work with our affiliates, including:
Preparing to Study Abroad
- Knowing you want to study abroad will probably affect the sequence of courses you take your home campus.
- Program deadlines vary greatly, so start researching your program options early to get an idea of deadlines and requirements.
- After working with your academic advisor, contact the Registrar to confirm that the credits you earn abroad will count towards your New York Tech degree.
- If you are an international student, contact the Office of International Education about updating your F-1 visa.
With proper advice and planning, you can study abroad—even multiple times—without delaying your time to graduation.
Need some financial assistance to get to your target country? Most students do. New York Tech's Edward Guiliano Global Fellowship is a unique program that supports study abroad for all students on any New York Tech campus. To qualify, you must create a plan to engage in experiential-based learning outside your community and your comfort zone. Multiple awards of $750, $2,500, and $5,000 are given each year.
Long Island (Old Westbury): Whitney Lane House, Room 205
New York City (Manhattan): 16 W. 61st St., Room 601