Math Boot Camp
Need to get up to speed with your math requirements? Math Boot Camp is a three-week intensive review of selected math topics designed to help you improve your overall skill in mathematics.
Once you complete the program, you'll have the opportunity to retake the math placement exam. If you place into a higher level math course, you'll be able to progress through your degree plan more effectively and save the cost of additional math courses.
About Math Boot Camp
- Dates: July 29 – August 15 (Monday – Thursday)
- Daily classes: (both sessions required)
- In-class lecture and activities: 10 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Lunch break (on your own): 12:45 – 1:30 p.m.
- Study hall with tutors: 1:30 – 4 p.m.
- Location: NYIT-New York City campus. Eligible students from both campuses are encouraged to attend.
- Cost: $200.
- Credits: Math Boot Camp will not count towards any NYIT credits
To be eligible to participate in Summer Math Boot Camp, you must:
- Have scored between 25–34 on the NYIT Pre-Calculus Math Placement Exam
- Previously have done well in math and need a review of concepts
- Be prepared to participate in an intensive review of math topics
- Have not previously taken a math course at NYIT
You must have met with an Advising and Enrichment Center (AEC) advisor to determine if Math Boot Camp is appropriate for you.
If you have any further questions, contact the AEC at email@example.com.