Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
NYIT celebrates the diversity of our student body and seeks to provide a safe and welcoming environment for students of all nationalities.
In response to concerns about the recent decision by the President of the United States to phase out the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, we wish to affirm the following:
- NYIT welcomes students without regard to their immigration status. NYIT does not request information regarding immigration status from applicants, except for certain health professions programs where government licensure is at issue.
- NYIT maintains a strong commitment to the privacy of student records for all students, consistent with state and federal laws. We do not provide information on immigration status to anyone except when required by law.
- NYIT complies with federal law regarding reporting in connection with student F-1 and J-1 visas.
- Campus security staff do not inquire about or record immigration status when performing their duties.
- In accordance with federal law, the enforcement of immigration law rests with Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Customs and Border Protection. NYIT will not proactively seek to enforce federal immigration law except when required to do so by law.
- NYIT offers institutional scholarships to students without regard to immigration status.
- NYIT offers confidential counseling services to all students.
NYIT is a firm believer that all students should have the opportunity to earn a college education and use their knowledge to boost America’s cultural, societal, and economic growth.