Windows Device Directions
Connect to NYIT's Wifi Network Using Microsoft Windows
Step 1: Locate your wireless signal strength icon and double click on it
Step 2: Click on the NYIT wifi network
Step 3: Open an internet browser
Step 4: Read and agree to the NYIT Code of Responsible Technology Usage.
Step 5: A welcome page should appear with three options. Please choose the appropriate path:
- Students, Faculty, and Staff – Log in using your NYIT username and password
- Extended guest accounts (special group accounts created by Service Central) – Enter your email address, last name, and first name. Regular guest users should follow these directions.
- Gaming devices – Register your console
Step 6: If prompted, you may need to run the FortiNAC Dissolvable Agent. This program will scan your computer to verify that your anti-virus protection and operating system are valid and up to date.
- Windows machines must be running Windows 7 or higher and have a virus scanner with recent definitions
- All other devices (handhelds, game consoles) do not require the agent scan
Step 7A: If your computer meets the above requirements, you will receive a message that your device is connecting to the network.
Step 7B: If your computer does not meet the above requirements Bradford informs you that you do not have anti-virus program installed or your Definition files are out of date and it provides the user a link and internet access to download Microsoft Security Essentials.
Step 8: A progress bar will launch indicating a successful registration.
Step 9: Restart your PC to finish