Printing & Copying on Campus
Students have access to printers located in NYIT libraries and open access labs on campus.
To use the CANON printer for the first time, student must pair their account information with the CANON printers. Instructions for pairing your account. Once your account is paired with the CANON printers, you can print to any CANON printer on campus.
When you initiate a print command, the PC or laptop will ask for your myNYIT username and password. Follow the system prompts and proceed with the print job, which can be retrieved from the printer when completed. Print jobs remain in the queue for 30 minutes, so if there is a problem with the printout, it can be fixed and the job reprinted or the print job can be routed to another printer.
At the beginning of the academic year, NYIT students at the Old Westbury and Manhattan campuses receive an allotment for copying and printing on campus. Medical students receive their 1,500-credit print allotment for the entire academic year at the beginning of the fall semester. Any printing in excess of the allotment will be the responsibility of the student, payable via Flex Funds. Print credits from one academic year cannot be carried over to the following academic year (including print funds added via Flex Funds).
- Full-time NYIT students: 1100 credits per year
- Part-time NYIT students: 600 credits per year
- NYITCOM students: 1,500 credits per year
|Single page||Black and White||Color|
|8 ½ × 11||1 Credit/.10 cents per page||2.5 Credits/.25 cents per page|
|8 ½ × 14||1.5 Credits/.15 cents per page||2.5 Credits/.25 cents per page|
|11 × 17||1.5 Credits/.15 cents per page||2.5 Credits/.25 cents per page|
|Double-sided pages||Black and White||Color|
|8 ½ × 11||1.5 Credits/.15 cents per page||4.5 Credits/.45 cents per page|
|8 ½ × 14||2.5 Credits/.25 cents per page||4.5 Credits/.45 cents per page|
|11 × 17||2.5 Credits/.25 cents per page||4.5 Credits/.45 cents per page|
Mobile & Wireless Device Printing
Settings can be changed at the Canon Printer prior to releasing the emailed attachment.
Acceptable attachment types include:
Installing Secure Print (Windows)
Wireless Laptop Printing
- Windows - Driver & Software Installation Instructions
- Mac - Driver & Software Installation Instructions
Drivers & Software
- Printer Drivers for (Windows 32 bit) (ZIP)
- Printer Drivers for (Windows 64 bit) (ZIP)
- UniFlow Software for Printing (Windows 32 bit) (ZIP)
- UniFlow Software for Printing (Windows 64 bit) (ZIP)
- Printer Drivers and Client for Mac (ZIP)
Installing Secure Print (Mac)
- Service Central: 516.686.1400
- Wisser Library: 516.686.7657
- Manhattan Library: 212.261.1527
- Art and Architecture Library: 516.686.7422
- College of Osteopathic Medicine Library: 516.686.3743