Technology & Engineering Experience
Run guided, hands-on laboratory experiments in electronic music, coding, gaming, hacking, robotics, 3-D printing, CAD, prototyping, materials science, and nanotechnology. Explore an exciting, challenging career in technology, engineering, or computer science while earning two academic credits.
Our program includes:
- Field trips to technology leaders in the heart of New York City.
- Guest speakers sharing their stories of the technology/engineering workplace.
This two-week program is offered in two separate sessions:
All courses run Monday through Friday.
Costs (two-week session)
- Tuition: $1,425
- Lab Fee: $425
- Campus Life Immersion package (Session II only): $2,375 (tuition not included)
About Campus Life Immersion
Are you from out-of-town or looking for a more complete New York City campus life experience? Our Campus Life Immersion package includes:
- Housing and meals for seven days—from the Saturday before your program begins to the Saturday after its conclusion.*
- Cultural and social experiences.
- University preparation programming.
- Airport transfers and daily transportation.
- Interdisciplinary volunteer and community service opportunities every Friday.
*All housing will be on our Manhattan campus. The Campus Life Immersion in only available for Manhattan campus-based programs (Session II).
We will be offering a number of merit-based scholarships for each of our programs. Scholarships will be awarded to students based on their strong interest and commitment toward pursuing their selected area of study and on merit.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must be enrolled in high school (10th, 11th, or 12th grade) and submit the following:
- Formal essay (300-350 words) explaining why you are interested in your selected program and how it will prepare you for college and your future career.
- Two recommendation letters from a teacher or guidance counselor.
- Copy of your most recent high school transcript.
The deadline for scholarship applications is May 1. Scholarship recipients will be notified the week of May 15.
NYIT Academy is for for students ages 15-20. To register, please submit the following:
- Completed application form.
- 250-word biographical statement (in English), telling us about yourself, your interests, and what you do in your spare time.
- $500 deposit.
- Copy of photo ID.
- International students: Please submit a copy of your passport with your application materials.
Registration for the program is on a rolling basis. Once the program has reached capacity, you will be put on a waiting list.
- May 1: Deadline for scholarship applications.
- June 1: Deadline for campus life immersion registration.
- June 15: General registration deadline.
- July 1: All payment and forms are due.