New York Tech Summer Academy
New York Tech Summer Academy is an immersive New York college experience for students ages 15–20. Our programs combine academic instruction with hands-on learning opportunities and unique cultural experiences.
Our summer session runs from July 6 – August 7. Length of programs vary, with one, two, three, and four-week options.
Students enjoying their NYIT Academy experience
- Exploring Architecture in Manhattan: Learn about architectural design practice, theory, and history of design in one of the world’s most famous urban environments. Enjoy museum and office visits, work with CAD, and hands-on modeling, presentation, and portfolio preparation.
- Health and Medical Academy: Investigate career opportunities in the fields of nursing,clinical nutrition, occupational therapy, physical therapy, physician assistant studies, and osteopathic medicine.
- Future Makers and Fabricators: Explore the exciting hands-on world of making and fabricating with metal, plastic, acrylic, wood and other materials by taking an idea from paper to parts to assembly by building a small racing car.
- Middle School Summer Academy: Technology and Engineering: This free program introduces middle school students to STEM careers and engages them in hands-on workshops that include programming, robotics, 3-D printing, and laser cutting.
- New York English Language Experience: Combine up to six weeks of intensive coursework with experiences only found in New York. Explore the culture, commerce, food, and people of this world-renowned city.
- Engineering Experience: Run hands-on lab experiments in Arduino Prototyping, Raspberry Pi Prototyping, coding, game design, ethical hacking, robotics, 3-D Printing, laser cutting, while learning about careers in technology, engineering, and computer science.
To register, please submit the following:
Registration for the program is on a rolling basis. Once the program has reached capacity, you will be put on a waiting list.
- All forms and payment due: July 1
- All international students must display basic English proficiency in order to participate in their chosen program. Upon arrival at NYIT, you will take an English proficiency exam, which will be used, along with your application essay, to determine whether you will require additional English language assistance or need to enroll in an alternate English language program.
- International students desiring NYIT course credit will be required to apply for a student visa. To do so you will need to submit a financial affidavit of support, high school transcripts, and a copy of your passport.