NYIT Academy is an immersive New York college experience for students ages 15–20. Our programs combine academic instruction with hands-on learning opportunities and unique cultural experiences.
Our summer session runs from July 8 – August 2. Length of programs vary, with one, two, three, and four-week options.
Students enjoying their NYIT Academy experience
- Exploring Architecture in Manhattan: Learn about architectural design practice, theory, and history of design in one of the world’s most famous urban environments. Enjoy museum and office visits, work with CAD, and hands-on modeling, presentation, and portfolio preparation.
- Graphic Design and 3-D Animation/Game Design: Bring your digital portfolio to the next level. Discover techniques of visual communication and gain insights into the professions of art, design, and technology.
- Health and Medical Academy: Investigate career opportunities in the fields of nursing,clinical nutrition, occupational therapy, physical therapy, physician assistant studies, and osteopathic medicine.
- Makers and Fabricators: Explore the exciting hands-on world of making and fabricating with metal, plastic, acrylic, wood and other materials by taking an idea from paper to parts to assembly by building a small racing car.
- Modern New York: Find out how New York City ticks through design, policy, business, and media, in this immersive 3-credit seminar course that considers the ways in which New York has been rebuilt and redefined by people and institutions since the late 19th century.
- New York English Language Experience: Combine up to six weeks of intensive coursework with experiences only found in New York. Explore the culture, commerce, food, and people of this world-renowned city.
- Technology and Engineering Experience: Run hands-on lab experiments in Arduino Prototyping, Raspberry Pi Prototyping, coding, game design, ethical hacking, robotics, 3-D Printing, laser cutting, while learning about careers in technology, engineering, and computer science.
We will be offering a number of merit-based scholarships for each of our programs. Scholarships will be awarded to students based on their strong interest and commitment toward pursuing their selected area of study and on merit.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must be enrolled in high school (10th, 11th, or 12th grade) and submit the following:
- Formal essay (300-350 words) explaining why you are interested in your selected program and how it will prepare you for college and your future career.
- Two recommendation letters from a teacher or guidance counselor.
- Copy of your most recent high school transcript.
The deadline for scholarship applications is May 1. Scholarship recipients will be notified the week of May 15.
NYIT Academy is for for students ages 15-20. To register, please submit the following:
- Completed application form.
- 250-word biographical statement (in English), telling us about yourself, your interests, and what you do in your spare time.
- $500 deposit.
- Copy of photo ID.
- International students: Please submit a copy of your passport (valid for at least six months after the program ends) with your application materials.
Registration for the program is on a rolling basis. Once the program has reached capacity, you will be put on a waiting list.
- May 1: Deadline for scholarship applications.
- July 1: All registrations, forms, and payments are due.
- All international students must display basic English proficiency in order to participate in their chosen program. Upon arrival at NYIT, you will take an English proficiency exam, which will be used, along with your application essay, to determine whether you will require additional English language assistance or need to enroll in an alternate English language program.
- International students desiring NYIT course credit will be required to apply for a student visa. To do so you will need to submit a financial affidavit of support, high school transcripts, and a copy of your passport.