NYIT Academy is an immersive New York college experience for students ages 15–20. Our programs combine academic instruction with hands-on learning opportunities and unique cultural experiences. All our programs are offered in both tuition-only and campus life immersion packages, which include chaperoned housing and additional social, academic, and cultural programming.
Our summer session runs from July 9 – August 3. Length of programs vary, with one, two, three, and four-week options.
- Exploring Architecture in Manhattan: Learn about architectural design practice, theory, and history of design in one of the world’s most famous urban environments. Enjoy museum and office visits, work with CAD, and hands-on modeling, presentation, and portfolio preparation.
- Graphic Design and 3-D Animation/Game Design: Bring your digital portfolio to the next level. Discover techniques of visual communication and gain insights into the professions of art, design, and technology.
- Health and Medical Academy: Investigate career opportunities in the fields of nursing,clinical nutrition, occupational therapy, physical therapy, physician assistant studies, and osteopathic medicine.
- Makers and Fabricators: Learn how to take an idea from paper to parts to assembly. Explore the exciting world of making and fabricating with metal, plastic, acrylic, wood and other materials in a safe environment while growing your skill set.
- Modern New York: See how the city really works. With experts as your tour guides, you’ll explore the city, learn it’s history and how it works, and network with the people who keep it running.
- New York English Language Experience: Combine up to six weeks of intensive coursework with experiences only found in New York. Explore the culture, commerce, food, and people of this world-renowned city.
- Technology and Engineering Experience: Run hands-on lab experiments in electronic music, coding, gaming, hacking, robotics, 3-D printing, CAD, prototyping, materials science, and nanotechnology while learning about careers in technology, engineering, and computer science.
- One week: $750
- Two weeks: $1,425
- Three weeks: $2,025
- Four weeks: $2,550
NOTE: Some programs may have additional lab and/or supply fees.
Campus Life Immersion
- One week: $1,250
- Two weeks: $2,375
- Three weeks: $3,375
- Four weeks: $4,250
About Campus Life Immersion Are you from out-of-town or looking for a more complete New York City campus life experience? Our Campus Life Immersion package includes:*
- Housing and meals for seven days—from the Saturday before your program begins to the Saturday after its conclusion.
- Cultural and social experiences.
- University preparation programming.
- Airport transfers and daily transportation.
- Interdisciplinary volunteer and community-service opportunities every Friday.
*Tuition is separate and not included.
We will be offering a number of merit-based scholarships for each of our programs. Scholarships will be awarded to students based on their strong interest and commitment toward pursuing their selected area of study and on merit.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must be enrolled in high school (10th, 11th, or 12th grade) and submit the following:
- Formal essay (300-350 words) explaining why you are interested in your selected program and how it will prepare you for college and your future career.
- Two recommendation letters from a teacher or guidance counselor.
- Copy of your most recent high school transcript.
The deadline for scholarship applications is May 1. Scholarship recipients will be notified the week of May 15.
NYIT Academy is for for students ages 15-20. To register, please submit the following:
- Completed application form.
- 250-word biographical statement (in English), telling us about yourself, your interests, and what you do in your spare time.
- $500 deposit.
- Copy of photo ID.
- International students: Please submit a copy of your passport (valid for at least six months after the program ends) with your application materials.
Registration for the program is on a rolling basis. Once the program has reached capacity, you will be put on a waiting list.
- May 1: Deadline for scholarship applications.
- June 1: Deadline for campus life immersion registration.
- June 15: General registration deadline.
- July 1: All payment and forms are due.
- All international students must display basic English proficiency in order to participate in their chosen program. Upon arrival at NYIT, you will take an English proficiency exam, which will be used, along with your application essay, to determine whether you will require additional English language assistance or need to enroll in an alternate English language program.
- International students desiring NYIT course credit will be required to apply for a student visa. To do so you will need to submit a financial affidavit of support, high school transcripts, and a copy of your passport.