Riverside Terrace Residence Hall
Don’t expect to find a typical residence hall at 350 W. 88th St. The elegant limestone facade of the Riverside Terrace Residence Hall exemplifies the charm that makes the Upper West Side among the most desirable, and safest, neighborhoods in the city. Inside are single, double, and triple rooms, all decoratively furnished and well equipped for the 21st century.
The building has a kitchen on every floor, a coin-operated laundry room, vending machines, and a reception desk staffed 24 hours day. Supervised by a professionally trained hall director, and resident assistants, the Riverside is a quick bus or subway ride from the New York City campus.
- A majority of rooms have a private bathroom; a few rooms have a shared hall bathroom.
- A standard twin bed, dresser, desk, chair, and lamp are provided for each student.
- 20-inch color television with limited basic cable service.
- WiFi Internet access in all rooms.
- Air conditioning unit in every room.
- You may bring your own small refrigerator and microwave or rent them at the front desk.
- In-house telephone for incoming and room-to-room calls only.
About the Area
Riverside Terrace Residence Hall is situated within a warm and friendly residential environment, bustling with cafes, boutiques, bookstores, movie theaters, and cultural activities as well as regular neighborhood amenities. Nearby, you can relax or get active in the natural beauty of Central Park or Riverside Park.
The multicultural, multigenerational ambience of the Upper West Side will make you feel welcome, whether you're from around the corner or the other side of the globe. Subways and buses are readily available from Riverside to all areas of New York City. We do not recommend that you bring a car to Riverside, since we do not have parking facilities for students.
- The 1 subway line entrance is on the corner of 86th Street and Broadway. The closest subway station to Riverside, the 1 train provides quick transportation to NYIT’s classrooms.
- View a map of the New York City subway system.
- The M104 bus runs on Broadway and stops between 87th and 88th Streets while headed downtown and between 88th and 89th Streets while headed uptown. Students taking the M104 to school will be dropped off directly in front of NYIT’s main campus building.
- The downtown M5 bus stops on Riverside Drive between 88th and 89th Streets while the uptown M5 bus stops on Riverside Drive between 87th and 88th Streets. Many students choose to take the M5 to and from classes since it provides nearly door-to-door transportation to classes and requires minimal walking.
- View a map of the New York City bus system.
- Should you need to reach Riverside Terrace by car, take the West Side Highway to the 95th street exit, then turn right onto Riverside Drive. Turn left onto 88th Street. Riverside Terrace will be the second awning on your right.
- For specific driving directions from your exact location, please consult Google maps.
Please Inform Family Members and Friends of Your EXACT MAILING ADDRESS:
Riverside Terrace Residence
350 W. 88th St., Room #
New York, NY 10024
Questions? Contact Us