Manhattan School of Music - Andersen Hall
The crackling energy of a college town pervades the neighborhood Andersen Hall at the Manhattan School of Music shares with Columbia University, Barnard College, and several other academic institutions. Located in Morningside Heights at 134 Claremont Ave., off Broadway and 122nd Street, Andersen Hall is a wonderful place to begin your college career as part of our First Year Experience (FYE) community.
The residence features decoratively furnished double and triple rooms, and building amenities including a fitness center, self-service laundry, a lounge, and a cafeteria. Security is provided 24 hours a day, along with supervision by a professionally trained hall director and resident assistants, who will help engage you in social and educational activities.
- An extra long twin size bed, dresser, desk and chair is provided for each student.
- Students may rent a micro-fridge or purchase a small refrigerator/microwave on their own, to keep in their rooms.
- Wired internet access is provided in each room (you’ll need to provide your own ethernet cord)
- Air conditioning and heating are provided in each room according to university calendar.
About the Area
Morningside Heights is a lively and culturally rich area situated north of the Upper West Side and just south of Harlem, bound on each side by two of New York’s finest parks—Morningside and Riverside. Broadway runs through the center of the neighborhood, lined with unique shops, restaurants catering to every taste and budget, as well as a variety of grocery stores and other providers of life’s essentials.
This family-friendly neighborhood boasts a number of breathtaking architectural and historical sites: the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, Riverside Church, Grant’s Tomb, and the buildings and campus of Columbia University among them. When you’re in the mood for something less than awe-inspiring, there’s always Tom’s Diner of Seinfeld fame.
- The 1 subway line entrance is on the corner of 116th Street and Broadway or 125th and Broadway. The 1 train provides quick transportation to NYIT’s classrooms.
- View a map of the New York City subway system.
- The M104 bus runs on Broadway and stops between 122nd and 121st Streets while headed downtown and between 122nd and 123rd Streets while headed uptown. Students taking the M104 to school will be dropped off directly in front of NYIT’s main campus building.
- The downtown M5 bus stops on Riverside Drive between 122nd and 123rd Streets while the uptown M5 bus stops on Riverside Drive. Many students choose to take the M5 to and from classes since it provides nearly door-to-door transportation to classes and requires minimal walking.
- View a map of the New York City bus system.
For driving directions, please consult Google Maps.
GMC Parking Garage is located at 532 W. 122nd St., less than a block from the residence hall. Parking can also be found along the street; please follow parking restrictions carefully and do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
Please Inform Family Members and Friends of Your EXACT MAILING ADDRESS:
134 Clarement Ave., Room #
New York, NY 10027-4698
Questions? Contact Us