Dine with Class
While there are numerous local eateries in the New York City area, our very own Metro Café has a variety of hot food options and specials daily. We provide a selection of flavored coffee, fresh fruit and berries, sandwiches and paninis, salad and grain bar, fresh pizza, an omelet bar and a made to order action station. There are kosher, halal & vegan options available at this café.
At the Metro Café, you can:
- hang out with friends and classmates
- enjoy our diverse menu of delicious food, drinks, and snacks
- login to our free wifi using your MyNYIT account
- pay for everything using your NYIT OneCard
1849 Broadway in the Campus Bookstore
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For Daily Information
Follow us on Instagram @nyitcampusdining
Your NYIT OneCard is the easiest way to pay for meals on campus. Just swipe your card at the checkout area—costs will be instantly deducted from your account. OneCard funds can be added any time via credit card.
"Commuter Plus" Non-Residential Student Meal Plan
This plan is designed for non-residential students who plan to dine in our retail locations on campus such as Salten Hall, Riland Café, Education Hall, the Sac Servery and the Metro Café.
- Salten Hall, First Floor: Enjoy fresh salad and grain bar, a hot food buffet, fresh fruit and berries, a selection of flavored coffees, muffins and bagels as well as made to order omelets.
- Riland Café, Second Floor: Offers include pizza. Our buffet features specials of the day, including grilled proteins, fresh seafood, steamed vegetables, salad and grain bar and fresh healthy juices made to order.
- Education Hall, First Floor: Enjoy hearty breakfasts, deli sandwiches, pizza, salads, burgers, refreshments, and healthy snacks.
- Student Activity Center: Featuring a salad bar, you can also enjoy steak, fish, pasta, burgers, and specialty pizza and fresh grilled meals.
- 1849 Broadway: Metro Café has all the meals and refreshments you are looking for. We provide a selection of flavored coffee, Soft serve ice cream, fresh fruit and berries, sandwiches, salad and grain bar, fresh pizza, an omelet bar and pasta station.
Terms and Conditions:
- In order to enroll, non-residential NYIT students must add a minimum deposit of $50.00 to their "Commuter Plus" dining services plan.
- The term of this Meal Plan Agreement is from September 1, 2019 through May 30, 2020 (the "Term").
- During the Term, the non-residential student will be eligible to save 8.625% sales tax on purchases made at the Old Westbury campus dining services retail locations and 8.875% tax on purchases made at the Metro Café located at the NYC campus.
- Any funds that are returned as unpaid for insufficient funds will result in the reversal of those funds from the declining balance.
- Any "Commuter Plus Meal Plan" balance will expire on May 30, 2020, and funds do not carry over from one year to the next.
- In the event that a student is dismissed or withdraws from NYIT, the funds are forfeited and are non-refundable.
To enroll or add funds to the Commuter Plus Meal Plan, visit the NYIT OneCard Account Management Portal.
Or go to my.NYIT, and select the One Card Tile.