Take a handful of police officers, stir in a dollop of student and chef judges and well-known TV news anchors, give out baskets of unfamiliar ingredients, and what do you get? Fun with colleagues and food that rivals the likes of Bravo's Top Chef or Food Network's Chopped.
You're invited to the next NYIT Cast Iron Chef competition featuring New York police officers:
- Thursday, May 28
- 3:45–7 p.m.
- NYIT de Seversky Mansion, Old Westbury campus
Cast Iron Chef is free for NYIT students and faculty and staff members. R.S.V.P. for the event.
POLICE DEPARTMENT COMPETITORS
- Old Westbury
- Nassau County
- Suffolk County
- New York City, 20th Precinct (Upper West Side)
- Christian Mir, proprietor and chef of Stone Creek Inn, East Quogue, N.Y.
- Ledwin Araujo, NYIT student majoring in criminal justice
LONG ISLAND NEWS 12 ANCHORS AS EMCEES
- Elizabeth Hashagen
- Carol Silva (NYIT alumna)
NYIT will donate $2,000 to each police department's charity of choice as part of the university's appreciation of their service.