Global Business Students Competition 2021
Global Business Students Competition provides a platform to bring global students together to interact with business leaders and other student colleagues in order to resolve real world business problems.
After the case is distributed, the competition consists of two phases:
- Virtual questions & answers session
- Student teams' presentations
This year, students will address the marketing challenges of Emicol, Brazil and/or the operations management issues of Apex Tool Group, Brazil.
- Each student participant should be a full-time student of a college or university in the academic year 2020-2021.
- Students from all academic disciplines can participate (preferred academic fields are engineering and business and management).
- There is no limit on the number of student teams from an institution.
Students should form their own team maximum of 4 student members.
- Case will be sent to all the participating teams before the virtual questions & answers session.
- Teams cannot contact the participating company as well as any faculty member associated with the case after or before this session.
- Students are advised to dress up according to the business settings while delivering presentations.
- Each student team should make oral presentation not exceeding 20 minutes. It is very important that each team member should present. It will be followed by 10 minutes questions and answers session.
- All the members of the team should be thoroughly prepared to answer the questions.
- There is no limit for number of slides that can be used for the presentation. Therefore, teams should make sure that they use slides that could be presentable within 20 minutes duration.
- College/university name should not be included in any of the presentation slides. However, they can mention their names in the slides.
- No revision will be allowed to be made in the powerpoint slides once submitted.
- Competition organizers have all the rights to reschedule the teams presentations, revise teams composition, and to modify related activities during this competition in order to successfully organize this competition.
Student teams should use their own laptops or desktops to give presentations through Zoom/Skype. Therefore, student teams are strongly advised to use strong internet connection before they deliver presentations.
- All student teams will present the findings of their analyses of the case on Saturday, May 15, 2021.
- All the student teams should make sure that they address all the challenges presented in the case materials.
- It is not necessary that student teams explain the case during the presentations.
- Winning team will be announced for each team within two weeks period of time after the presentations.
A judging panel will comprise of faculty members and corporate leaders who will evaluate student teams' presentations. The decision made by the judging panel is final, and it will not be subject to any review.
Each team should electronically submit powerpoint slides at least one day before the date of presentation to SoMexperiential@nyit.edu.
If you have any questions in relation to the rules and regulations of this competition, please send it to SoMexperiential@nyit.edu. Questions about the case will be answered only during the virtual questions & answers session.
Virtual Questions & Answers Session
Friday, April 9, 2021, 4.30 p.m., EST
Saturday, May 15, 2021 from 9 a.m., EST