Admission Requirements: Human Resources Management, Advanced Certificate
Thanks for your interest in the Human Resources Management, Advanced Certificate program. This advanced certificate program has the same admission requirements as the Human Resources Management and Labor Relations, M.S. program.
If you wish to matriculate into the M.S. program, you must submit an application. In most cases, you may apply courses completed in the advanced certificate program toward requirements for the M.S. degree.
B.S. degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- International applicants must have completed only a three-year (or more) degree-bearing postsecondary program which is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree in order to be considered for acceptance into the M.S. program.
Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- If your undergraduate GPA is lower than 3.0, you may be considered for admission if you have two or more years of relevant professional experience, and/or hold professional certifications such as PHR, SPHR, GPHR, etc. You are required to provide detailed information about your professional experience/certification.
- If your undergraduate GPA is lower than 3.0 and you do not have relevant professional experience, you are required to take the GMAT or GRE and achieve satisfactory scores as determined by the program director. You will also be interviewed by program faculty in order to be considered for admission.
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A personal interview.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- Official GRE or GMAT scores, if required.
NYIT GRE Code: 2561
NYIT GMAT Codes
Full time (9 or more credits): OQN-RL-35
Part-time (less than 9 credits): OQN-RL-74
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
All application materials must be fully submitted prior to consideration for admission to the M.B.A. program. Please see important admission notes:
- You will either be fully admitted or not admitted into the M.B.A. program.
- You may neither be conditionally admitted into the M.B.A. program nor granted provisional status in the M.B.A. program.
- There will be no categories for non-matriculated or non-degree status.
- There will be no Early Admission students.
- No student may register for a Human Resources Management and Labor Relations, M.S. course until fully admitted into either the M.S. program.
Waivers and Transfers
These policies ensure program integrity and also that student ability to attain the learning goals of the program is not compromised.
The non-waivable program core credit hour requirement must be completed in the School of Management in its entirety.
- Undergraduate and graduate coursework completed elsewhere, but only from a regionally accredited institution, may be used to waive credit hour requirements in the M.S. waivable program core. If equivalencies are established, certification of competency in these areas by means of a proficiency examination such as CLEP or significant work-related experience may be considered.
- A grade of C- or better is required for any course utilized to waive a course in the M.S. waivable program core
- A maximum of nine credit hours completed elsewhere, but only from a regionally accredited institution, may be transferred in partial fulfillment of the curriculum requirements of the M.S. program.
- Transfer of courses will only be considered for those with a grade of B or higher and must not have been applied towards another degree.
- Courses presented for transfer credit must be submitted for consideration with official transcripts from the other program, and must have been completed within five years of initial acceptance into the M.S. program.
If you have any questions about admissions or eligibility, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or 516.686.7520.