My Account/Your Library PIN
Intra-Library (or intra-campus) Loans
Current students, staff, and faculty may request to borrow materials from any of NYIT New York/Long Island campus Libraries through Intra-Library Loan.
Use Bearcat, the NYIT Library Catalog to find the item you want. If the only copy of the item is located at another NYIT branch library, then fill out and submit the Intra-Library Loan request form. Your request will be processed in two business days. If available, the item will be sent to the requesting NYIT branch library, and you will receive an email when it arrives. If the request is not available, we will notify you as soon as possible.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Current students, staff, and faculty may request to borrow an item that is not in our collection through Interlibrary Loan. To avoid delays, always check the Library Catalog to see if we own the item prior to submitting ILL requests.
Places to Study
Libraries on both campuses offer study carrels, large tables, comfortable seating, Mediascape collaborative workstations, and group study rooms that can be reserved for 2 hours at a time.
- Reserve a Manhattan Library Study Room
- Reserve a Wisser Memorial Library Study Room
- Reserve a Medical Library Study Room
The libraries offer a variety of hardware for your use on site, including: laptops, tablets, e-readers, desktop computers, printers, photocopiers, scanners, Mediascape collaborative workstations, and a Bloomberg terminal (Wisser). Consult individual library links to find specific resources available.
All NYIT libraries are equipped with copy machines and wireless printers you may access with your ID card (for copies) or your myNYIT username and password (for printing), free of charge up to a per semester allotment.
Our librarians are more than research specialists – they are also technologists. Schedule an appointment today to learn more about one or more of the following:
- Citation Management: Need a better way to manage your citations? Let us introduce you Zotero.
- Document Management: Ready to ditch the flash drive and start working in the cloud? We can show you how to manage your documents in Dropbox, Google Drive, or Evernote.
- Prezi: Tired of PowerPoint? Find out how to create eye-catching presentations using Prezi, the zooming presentation editor.
- Mobile/Tablet: Let us show you how to access databases, ebooks and more, right from your smartphone. We can also give you tips, tricks, and all the latest must-have apps for your iPad.
Your starting place for faculty library services.
Alumni & Friends
Access to the collection of books, periodicals and journals is open to all currently registered NYIT students and alumni. Alumni cards are issued by request. To request a card, please email email@example.com.