Zoom uses HD video conferencing and screen-sharing to provide rich, interactive communication for up to 300 people at a time. It offers mobile-screen sharing, document annotation, session recording, and works across desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. There's also a free teleconference number so people can call into the meeting, if they do not have a webcam. If you have a licensed account you can host up to 300 participants at at time.
- Teaching with Zoom
- Meeting Privacy
- Hosting Virtual Events
- Creating Breakout Rooms
- NOTE: Students who join the Zoom meeting after the breakout rooms are created will need to be added to a breakout room manually.
- Pre-assigning Breakout Rooms
- Students must be logged into their NYIT account when joining the Zoom meeting for the pre-assigned breakout rooms to work properly. Students who join the Zoom meeting after the breakout rooms are created will still need to be added to a breakout room manually.
- Sample CSV to Upload
- Manage Meeting Participants
- Zoom – Advanced Features
- Recording a Meeting Desktop Computers
- Using Whiteboard
- Share your powerpoint
- Access your Attendance/Poll Information
Can I install this software on my personal computers?
Zoom can be installed on PC and Mac by visiting the Zoom Download Center
Where is this software located on campus?
Zoom is available on all NYIT computers.
Where can I get help with this software?
Tutorials are available through the Zoom Learning Center
What does this software cost?
Licenses accounts are available to all faculty and Basic accounts are available to students. please sign in through nyit.zoom.us