Admission Requirements: School Leadership and Technology, Advanced Diploma
Thanks for your interest in the School Leadership and Technology, Advanced Diploma program.
- Master's degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum cumulative master's degree GPA of 3.0.
- Students who have a GPA between 2.85 and 2.99 may be considered for conditional admission by the program chair. If students are admitted conditionally, they must achieve a 3.0 GPA in the first six graduate credits to continue in the program.
- A personal statement, submitted as a writing sample.
- Completed at least three years of successful teaching experience.
- Have professional New York State teaching certification.
- Demonstrate computer competency via academic or professional experience.
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Writing sample.
- Submit two letters of reference from school building or district administrators endorsing your candidacy for the program.
- Copies of transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of master's degree.
- Copies of teaching certificates you currently hold if you are seeking New York State certification.
- International student requirements: English proficiency, I-20, and transcript evaluation
New York education law now permits nonresident aliens to qualify for an initial license. Individuals with U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status may qualify for a permanent or professional New York State Teaching Certificate.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
Once your application is completed, faculty will review it and invite you for an interview, if selected.
- If you have any questions about admissions or eligibility, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516.686.7520.