Admission Requirements: Instructional Design for Global e-Learning, Advanced Certificate
Thanks for your interest in the Instructional Design for Global eLearning, Advanced Certificate program.
- B.S. degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) score from within the last five years.
- GRE Requirements: Minimum combined score of 300 from any two tests on the GRE exam.
- MAT Requirements: Minimum score of 400.
- If you have a GPA between 2.85 and 2.99, or do not meet the minimum requirement on the GRE or MAT exam, you may be considered for conditional admission by the program chair. If you are admitted conditionally, you must achieve a 3.0 GPA in your first 6 graduate credits and meet the minimum score on the GRE or MAT exam to continue in the M.S. program.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic uses of instructional technology at the beginning of the program. If you do not have requisite skills, program faculty will work with you to determine appropriate prerequisite courses to address the deficits. This is done on an individual basis.
- Interest or experience in training.
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- Copies of teaching certificates you currently hold if you are seeking New York State certification.
- Official exam score. NYIT GRE Code: 2561; NYIT MAT Score: 1487
- International student requirements: English proficiency, I-20, and transcript evaluation
- New York Education Law permits nonresident aliens to qualify for an initial license. If you have United States Citizenship or Permanent Resident status, you may qualify for a Permanent or Professional New York State Teaching Certificate.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
If you have any questions about admissions or eligibility, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or 516.686.7520.