Admission Requirements: Emerging Technologies for Trainers, Advanced Certificate
Thanks for your interest in the Emerging Technologies for Trainers, Advanced Certificate program.
- B.S. degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- If you have a GPA between 2.85 and 2.99, you may be accepted and will have to achieve a 3.0 GPA in your first 12 graduate credits to continue in the M.S. program.
- If you have a GPA below 2.85, you must take the GRE and earn a minimum combined score of 300 on the verbal and quantitative reasoning tests. You will need to achieve a score of 4.0 out of 6.0 on the analytical writing section. If you meet the GRE requirement, you may be accepted and will be required to achieve a 3.0 GPA in your first 12 credits to continue in the program.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic uses of instructional technology at the beginning of the program. If you do not have requisite skills, program faculty will work with you to determine appropriate prerequisite courses to address the deficits. This is done on an individual basis.
- Interest or experience in training.
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- Copies of teaching certificates you currently hold if you are seeking New York State certification.
- Official GRE scores, if required. NYIT GRE Code: 2561
- International student requirements: English proficiency, I-20, and transcript evaluation
- New York Education Law permits nonresident aliens to qualify for an initial license. If you have United States Citizenship or Permanent Resident status, you may qualify for a Permanent or Professional New York State Teaching Certificate.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
- If you have any questions about admissions or eligibility, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or 516.686.7520.