Training Programs: Basic Life Support
Earn an American Heart Association Advanced CPR certificate in a four-hour training class for individuals whose job-related duties include responding to emergencies. Classes will be held in person on New York Tech's Long Island campus. This FREE training is valued at $50.
Course topics include:
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation; performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
This program is part of the New York Tech Healthcare Service Training Project, offering qualified individuals tuition-free training in response to the healthcare needs of the Long Island region. It is supported by a grant from the New York State Department of Labor and the Long Island Regional Economic Development Council (LIREDC).