Libraries Present: Women Publishing in STEAM: A Women's History Month Celebration
March 30, 2023
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Join us for a Women's History Month discussion about women who publish in the STEAM fields. Hear from women who recently published an article, book chapter, or book and be inspired by the panelists' creative endeavors and recent accomplishments. Diana Moronta, M.S.L.I.S., moderates our panel conversation, which will conclude with an opportunity for Q&A.
Visit these Scopus author profiles to learn more about our panelists:
- Francesca Romana Forlini, Ph.D., adjunct associate professor of architecture. (2021) "Salotto Buono: the 'Art of Conservation' and the Permanence of an Italian Room," Interiors," 11:2-3, 157-182, (OA).
- Jennifer L. Griffiths, Ph.D., professor of English. Griffiths, J.L. (2023). At Risk: Black Youth and the Creative Imperative in the Post-Civil Rights Era, University of Mississippi Press.
- Melissa Huey, Ph.D., assistant professor of psychology, M., Giguere, D., "The Impact of Smartphone Use on Course Comprehension and Psychological Well-Being in the College Classroom," Innov High Educ (2022).
- Pamela Karp, Ed.D, OTR/L, assistant professor, chair of the Department of Occupational Therapy. Karp, P., & Block, P. (2022), "Float to grow: nurturing the roots of socially inclusive and just practice in occupational therapy students," Cadernos Brasileiros de Terapia Ocupacional, 30, e3312. (OA).
- Julia Molnar, Ph.D., professor of anatomy. Molnar, JL (2021). "Variation in Articular Cartilage Thickness Among Extant Salamanders and Implications for Limb Function in Stem Tetrapods," Front. Ecol. Evol. 9:671006.
- Evette Allen Moore, Ph.D., assistant dean of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Haynes, C. Stewart, S. Allen Moore, EL., Joseph, NM, and Patton, LD (2022). "Intersectionality methodology and the Black women committed to 'write-us' resistance." In Porter, C.J., Sulé, V.T., & Croom, N.N. (Eds.), Black Feminist Epistemology, Research, and Praxis: Narratives in and through the Academy (1st ed.). (2022). Routledge.
- Melda Yildiz, Ed.D,, associate professor of education. Yildiz, M. N. (2022). "Algorithmic justice through media education." Ed. Belinha De Abreu. Media Literacy and Social Justice in Action, Routledge.
To attend the conference, please register below. Zoom information will be provided to all registrants three days before the event.