Are you graduating and looking for a job? If so, this bootcamp is for you!
It's Your Last Year: Preparing for What's Next (Part 1) is an intensive career preparation series offered by Career Success & Experiential Education to help you learn everything you need for finding your perfect job.
Session Two: Tailoring Job Search Materials for Your First Full-Time Job
Want to make your application materials stand out? Market yourself and gain a competitive edge upon graduation by writing a tailored resume and cover letter. In this session, you will learn how to:
- Decide which details to keep after college graduation and the ones you should ditch.
- Spin college projects, leadership roles and side jobs into legitimate work experiences on your application materials.
- Incorporate keywords and industry language and optimize your materials for applicant tracking systems.
- Demonstrate your value, not list job responsibilities, and highlight what employers want to see.
NOTE: Registering for this series is a commitment to attend all three required sessions (1-3). If you can’t make all three, please let us know and a career advisor will work to get you the information you missed. The fourth "Wrap-up" session is optional. Zoom links will be provided upon registration.
- October 26: Session 1: Graduating Student’s Guide to Employer Research
- November 2: Session 2: Tailoring Job Search Materials for Your First Full-time Job
- November 16 Session 3: Informational Interviews: Tapping into Your Professional Network
- December 2: Wrap-Up: Using Your Winter Break Thoughtfully [OPTIONAL]