The Osteopathic Cranial Academy is offering a two part weekend Introductory Course in Osteopathy in the Cranial Field, January 18-20 and January 25-27, 2019 at NYITCOM's Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine lab, Serota Building, Old Westbury, NY.
Zina Pelkey DO FCA is the Course Director and Jose Camacho DO serves as the Associate Director. The Osteopathic Cranial Academy Introduction to Osteopathy in the Cranial Field is designed to:
- Discuss the five components of the primary respiratory mechanism, including articular, cerebrospinal fluid, fascial/membranous and nervous system anatomy.
- Deepen the understanding of the osteopathic principles; interrelationship of structure and function, the body as a dynamic unit and the body as a self-regulating homoeostatic mechanism with a capacity for self-healing.
- Provide instruction with experienced physicians on a four-to-one student to faculty ratio in a learning environment to palpate inherent motion of the body.
- Establish the basis for palpatory diagnosis and treatment using Osteopathy in the Cranial Field for clinical problems not only relating specifically to the cranium but elsewhere in the body.
- The course includes approximately 18 hours of lecture and 22 hours of palpatory experience in addition to question/answer sessions.
For Prerequisites, Registration and Brochure information: http://www.cranialacademy.org/events/cme