Join us as this Homecoming for a discussion on the politics, culture, and struggles of being an international student. We'll talk about the challenges of finding work; adapting to a new language, culture, barriers, and time zones; and coping with issues in the classroom. Participants will take away action items on how to increase inclusion on campus and become more supportive of the international community, as well as tips for international students on how to thrive in their new academic, political, and professional spaces.
- Xiaoqiao Zhang (MGH Center for Cross-Cultural Student Emotional Wellness)
- Kwan Segal (ICAway, CEO & Founder)
Alumni Speakers/Breakout Room Facilitators:
- Simon-Peter Omooba (B.Arch. ‘20) – United Kingdom
- Pranati Mathur (M.S. ’18) – India
- Dina Ragab (B.S. ‘17, M.B.A. ‘18) - Egypt
- Fran Glenny (B.S. ‘17, M.B.A. ‘19) - Australia
- Guillermo Fuentes (B.S. ‘15) - Spain
- Smruthi Balasubramanian, Graduate Student Association - NYC
Use the button above or go to nyit.zoom.us/join and enter meeting ID: 212 261 1688.
This event is part of the Office of Student Life’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Series in collaboration with Career Services. It is featured in the New York Tech Votes initiative and is part of our mission to build a civically engaged campus community. Register to volunteer. We will provide information to all registrants on how to get engaged throughout the 2020 election season.