Celebrating the Class of 1970, 1971, and 1972
The Golden Anniversary Reunion Committee invites members of the Class of 1970, 1971, and 1972 to join us for a 50th Golden Anniversary Reunion at Commencement.
We encourage you to use this page as a resource for attending reunion. If you have any questions, please contact Donald Vogel, director of planned giving, at email@example.com or 516.686.7761
Saturday, May 21, 2022
8:30 a.m. — Arrive at the Long Island campus
9 a.m. — Depart for New York City campus tour by shuttle
10:30 a.m. — Arrive at 1855 Broadway for tour, hosted by Student Ambassador Samantha Dixon
11:30 a.m. — Tour ends at Nada Marie Anid Art Gallery and Student Lounge for lunch
1 p.m. — Depart for Long Island campus; Drive past Knights of Pythias Temple on West 70th
2:30 p.m. — Arrive at Gerry Hour for tour, hosted by Student Ambassador Abdul Badran
4 p.m. — Break
6 p.m. — Golden Anniversary Dinner, Orso Cafe, SAC, Long Island campus
6:30 p.m. — Dinner served
7:10 p.m. — Formal remarks from Vice President Minson and President Foley
7:20 p.m. — Golden Alumni Recognition Ceremony
8 p.m. — Dinner ends
Sunday, May 22, 2022 - Long Island campus
8 a.m. — VIP Breakfast, Orso Cafe, SAC
9 a.m. — Commencement processional and main ceremony begins
11 a.m. — Return regalia to Orso Cafe
11:30 a.m. — Good-byes and departure
- Anyone accessing an indoor space on campus will be required to wear a mask. Anyone taking a campus shuttle should wear a mask while on the bus.
- Outdoor spaces (including tents) will not require masks, although we do encourage mask wearing.
- While we will make hand sanitizer available throughout the weekend, we request no hand-shaking.
- Water and snacks will be available on the bus.
- VIP Parking passes for Sunday's Commencement will be distributed at the dinner on Saturday.
- Regalia will be made available Sunday morning at the VIP breakfast. Regalia must be returned to the Bears Den after the main ceremony.
Attendee ListThe following alumni have registered to attend the Golden Anniversary Reunion:
- Ron Daniels (B.S. '70)
- Martin Feuer (B.S. '72)
- Michael Hatten (B.S. '70)
- Mark Hehl (B.S. '72)
- Thomas Kershaw (B.S. '71)
- Helene (Klein) Kershaw (B.S. '70)
- Robert Kirschmeier (B.S. '71)
- Frank Krawiecki (B.S. '70)
- Gerald Malkes(B.S. '71)
- John Pecic (B.S. '70)
- Chester Schnepf(B.S. '72)
- Reginald Shell (B.S. '70)
- Barry Wall (B.S. '70)
Lunch will be served at the newly opened Nada Marie Anid Art Gallery & Student Lounge, provided by Panera Bread.
The menu includes: Tuna Salad Sandwich, Deli Turkey Sandwich, Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich, Bacon Turkey Bravo Sandwich, Smokehouse BBQ Chicken Sandwich, Roasted Turkey & Avocado BLT, Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich, Sierra Turkey Sandwich, Strawberry Poppyseed Salad with Chicken with French Baguette, Caesar Salad with French Baguette, Chips, Chocolate Chipper Cookie, Candy Cookie, Oatmeal Raisin with Berries Cookie, Lemon Drop Cookie, Agave Lemonade, Passion Papaya Green Tea, and Iced Tea Unsweetened.
Dinner is provided by the New York Institute of Technology Catering Team that oversees all campus dining locations on the New York campuses and the NYIT de Seversky Mansion.
The menu includes: carving station featuring Peppercorn-Rubbed Beef-Whole Grain Mustard and Horseradish Cream and Sage-Infused Breast of Turkey-Pear-Cranberry Chutney & Herb Aioli, Dinner rolls with butter, green beans sautéed with garlic and oil and Roasted Potatoes with rosemary and garlic; a pasta action station penne and farfalle with choice of ala vodka, Sausage, Broccoli Rabe with garlic and oil, or Marinara Sauce and Meatballs; Caesar salad; Dessert assorted shooters and assorted mini cheesecakes; coffee and tea, water, assorted soft drinks, beer and wine.