On Friday, May 11 from 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., NYIT will once again host the Creative Tech Week Conference, featuring experts working on today's most cutting-edge creative technologies.
This full-day conference features opening remarks from Dean Nada Marie Anid, Ph.D. of the School of Engineering and Computing Sciences and closing remarks from Lynn Rogoff, AM.F.A., adjunct associate professor of the College of Arts and Sciences. Discover how today's top creative technologists are building interactive experiences, art and advertising with software and electronics; using Artificial Intelligence to make fashion, art and music; and finding new ways of storytelling with virtual and augmented reality.
The conference is a part of Creative Tech Week (May 8 - 12), a crowdsourced festival created to bring together a talented professional community of expert creative technologists with the people interested in their work.
Contact DoDAD@nyit.edu for complimentary tickets, available to the NYIT community on a first-come, first-served basis. Please include name and indication of faculty/staff/student status (with ID).
- May 9, 5 – 9:30 p.m.: VR/AR/Mixed Reality Party: Come experience the Endanger VR Interactive Game created by Team Amerikids made up of NYIT graduate students and faculty from the fields of digital arts, communications, business, and engineering. Location: DCTV Independent Media Arts Center, 87 Lafayette Street, New York, NY
- May 10 – 25, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Innovators: M.F.A. Thesis Exhibition 2018,Department of Digital Art and Design. Opening Reception: Thursday, May 10, 6 - 8 p.m. Location: NYIT 16 W. 61st St., 11th floor, New York, NY.
- May 11 – 12: NYIT Faculty Exhibition, including works by Robert Smith, associate professor of digital art and design and Matthew Cornelius, motion capture director and director of art media technology at The HIVE. Location: NYIT Library, 1855 Broadway, New York, NY.
- May 11, 1 – 1:50 p.m.: AR/VR/MR Demonstrations: Kevin Park and Matthew Cornelius will host three demonstrations of augmented reality, virtual reality, and mixed reality devices, including the Hololens. This workshop offers a preview of NYIT’s non-credit certificate program in AR/VR/MR: Unity, which will soon be available through the Office of Extended Education and Department of Digital Art and Design. Location: NYIT Library, 1855 Broadway, New York, NY.
- May 12, noon – 4 p.m.: CTW2018 Book Signing / Tech Art Exhibit / Open House: Come see Dean Nada Anid, Ph.D.,co-editor of The Internet of Women: Accelerating Culture Change and meet Stephanie Riggs, author of a new book on storytelling for virtual reality. Books will be available for purchase and signature. Location: NYIT Auditorium on Broadway, 1871 Broadway, New York, NY.
- May 12, 1 – 4:30 p.m.: Creative Tech Week Hub Workshops. Location: NYIT 16 W. 61st St., New York, NY, rooms 924 and 927.