New York Tech is doing its part in helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In an abundance of caution, we have canceled this event.
In honor of Women's Month, join New York Tech's Department of Military & Veteran Affairs for a screening of Soldier On: Life After Deployment, followed by a panel discussion with female veterans. Soldier On: Life After Deployment follows three women as they confront the challenges of readjusting to civilian life after their post-9/11 military service. The women in Soldier On: Life After Deployment are forthright about their many problems, while simultaneously managing to find moments of humor amidst their struggles and gradually reconnecting with the inner strength and resilience that has always defined them. Forever changed by their military service, the women adapt to find a new place in the civilian world.
- 3:00 p.m. - Networking (light refreshments served)
- 3:30 p.m. - Soldier On: Life After Deployment Screening
- 5:00 p.m. - Panel Discussion with director and producer, Susan M. Siprelle, Chaplain Agatha Funes, Chief Petty Officer Susan S. Park and SVO Chapter President, Ashley Dent
Critical thought and civic participation are essential to being an educated person of the 21st century. Join us in raising awareness for several issues of importance, one Thursday at a time:
- January 30: Slavery & Human Trafficking Prevention (NYC)
- January 30: Hunger Banquet (LI)
- February 20: Social Justice (LI)
- February 27: African American History Month (NYC)
- March 24: Racial Discrimination (LI)
- March 26: Women's History Month (NYC)
- April 2: Autism Awareness Day (LI)
- April 23: Earth Day (LI & NYC)
- April 30: Arab American Heritage Month (LI & NYC)