Internal Catering Orders
Orders should be placed via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
All orders must be placed 5 business days in advance.
How to Submit an Order
Fill out the New York Tech Community Catering Form.
- Email completed order forms to email@example.com
- All catering orders are required to be placed at least one week in advance. Please Fax signed contracts 516.686.1330. The invoice will be based on guaranteed count or actual count, whichever is greater. If you do not receive a contract it means we may not have your request.
- NYITCOM students placing orders must disregard "Method of Payment" portion of the catering request form.
Place order with Facilities for tables. Contact security to open room at least 30 minutes prior to event start time. Make sure someone is there to receive orders - drivers are not responsible to wait until guests arrive. Catering events in 16 W. 61st Client is required to request freight elevator service for events that require early morning set up as well as going past 5 p.m. and weekends. Client is responsible for payment of use of the elevator.
Information required when placing an order:
- Where (bldg. and room)
- How many people
- Phone number of booking contact
- Drop off Time, Event Start Time, and Pick up Time if required
- Menu Selection and beverage requirements
- Booking Contact and site contact
- Dept Name, Budget #, and Account #
- Is this a drop off or pick up required
- Do you require additional linens and or equipment
- Do you require high end plastic or china and glassware
Catering orders that require set up and pick up of equipment will be charged an 18% service charge. Saturday and Sunday events may require additional labor costs.
10 person minimum on orders, if less there will be $2.50 charge per person under the minimum. Drivers are scheduled to pick up orders based on contracted pick up time. If the driver is turned away and has to come back at a later time there will be a $75 charge.
Drop off only orders Monday through Friday will not incur service charge. ***Beverages delivered for drop off only will be chilled, ice is not provided. Drop off only orders that require wire racks for hot food will be charged a $50 deposit. Client is responsible for returning wire racks to the kitchen at the Student Activities Building, in NYC 1849 Broadway. If racks are not returned, client will be charged for each rack missing. All equipment delivered will be on loan and replacement charges will result if the equipment is missing or damaged upon pick up.
Method of Payment
All prices quoted are for New York Tech groups paying through an New York Tech budget line. Budget number is required for billing purposes. Outside Organizations paying for New York Tech events are required to provide a tax exempt ID number in order not to be charged tax. Personal orders being paid by cash, check or credit card are subject to NYS Sales Tax.
NYITCOM STUDENTS placing orders must disregard "Method of Payment" portion of the catering request form.
What we provide
Food and beverage for the guaranteed number of guests. Disposable plates, cups and utensils for the guaranteed number of guests. Linens for Food and Beverage tables only when pickups are required.
Additional Cost Items
- Additional disposables, Waiter service
- Tables, chairs and linens
- China, glassware and silverware
- Upgraded plastic plates
Personal Catering Orders
New York Tech Staff and Faculty are entitled to 10% discount on all catering orders. The discount is intended as a benefit to New York Tech Employees only and not to be used by friends or family members of an New York Tech Employee. In order to receive the discount catering requests must be placed and paid for by the New York Tech Employee. Food Service reserves the right to decline a request for use of the discount if we feel it is being used improperly.
- All delivery orders are subject to a delivery charge.
- Food can be picked up Monday through Friday from the Student Activities Center at no additional charge.
- All orders are subject to NYS Sales Tax. Payment can be made by check, Visa, MasterCard or American Express at the Food Service Office.
- Catering Orders must be paid for in advance at the Food Service Office only.
Please note: Payment for personal catering orders cannot be paid for with the New York Tech Staff or Faculty ID Card.
When canceling an event please provide 24 hours notice by phone call and in writing either e-mail or fax. If cancellation of an event is less than 24 hours you will be charged for the event.