Build Your Skills with Online Learning Consortium Workshops
New York Tech is an institutional member of the Online Learning Consortium (OLC), ithe leading professional organization devoted to advancing quality online learning by providing professional development, instruction, best practice publications and guidance to educators, online learning professionals and organizations around the world.
The Center for Teaching and Learning has purchased a number of seats in workshops offered by the Online Learning Consortium, and we are offering them to interested faculty members. Topics span a broad range, including:
- Designing with Accessibility in Mind
- Engaging Learners in Online Discussions
- Creating Infographics for Learning
- Adaptive Learning Fundamentals and Courseware Exploration
- Strategies to Implement Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Creating Effective Assessments
Here’s how it works:
Most workshops range in length from 10 days to three weeks, and provide opportunities to interact with faculty from a wide variety of institutions. They are designed as online classes so that you may also experience being an online learner. Certificates are issued by the OLC upon timely completion of all coursework.
The program is available to all full-time faculty members at New York, Jonesboro, and Vancouver campuses.
How to participate:
- View the list of available workshops at https://bit.ly/OLC20-21; each title is linked to a description of the workshop. Identify up to three workshops you’d like to take.
- Sign up for a workshop at https://bit.ly/2CyTz4d – since workshops can fill up quickly, the form asks for a second and third choice, if you have one. Once selected, we will contact you, register you for the workshop, and pay for your workshop participation.
- A brief report of how you will apply what you’ve learned is required within one week of the workshop’s completion. Center for Teaching and Learning staff will be available to assist you during or after the workshop, as you implement what you’ve learned.
For more information, please contact Jackie Jacoby at email@example.com or at 516.686.1308.